SoFi Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twlighting

Opening day is tomorrow, anyone have insight on the radio system in use for general operations?

Appears to be a TRBO system of some flavor with most carrying XPR75xx units. Looks like the the FCC License for Hollywood Park (which has some crossover with the stadium) is designated for TRBO, but seems a bit light on the frequency allocation for repeaters.

motobot213

Ø Manager
Premium Subscriber
Looks odd... A LCP system for a single location with unlicensed frequencies?
Can't receive the system in the db from a few miles away.

Was expecting at least a Cap Max (Tier 3) system for a $5–6 billion state of the art stadium-ha.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
I took a listen and was able to copy traffic this afternoon. Signal not very strong, but heard both Site 1 & 2 with the ENC traffic from near LAX (with a little height and visual of stadium)

Busiest TG noted was 12 followed by 13. Maybe security??

Maybe what they have is a temp, or leased vendor set up.

motobot213

Ø Manager
Premium Subscriber
Interesting. Thanks, LAflyer.
Just curious do you know if they are running RAS and the type of encryption?

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Not sure. Only had a handheld with me to check out what was submitted.

Hopefully, we will get more info in the months to come as others have time to monitor the system.

But yes signal strength was rather underwhelming.

Twlighting

Great, this looks similar to what I was seeing on DSD earlier. Had a chance to fire it up briefly and poke around while more or less underground in there, noticed frequencies in this range showing the most activity so held on those for a bit. CC was 12 so appears I was on Site 1. Found activity on:

451.6875 was the last frequency I was on and is the only one that matches with those in the DB, perhaps the others were erroneous due to the tuner warming up.

Looking back through the DSD log, it looks like alot of RAS and ENC (some EP, some BP) tags on most events. There are a few calls which appear to be in the clear, but it wasn't appropriate to unmute the laptop to determine if it was actually decoding at the time. Hope to be able to spend some more time on it in the future.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Report that 451.8 DPL343 simplex was used for media production related to stadium big-screen displays.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
I saw some of the Rams/Cowboys game Sunday, its a beautiful stadium, the broadcasters said that thing cost $5 Billion, and for context they showed a few other stadiums including the Mercedes Benz Superdome costing $1.4B which I think was the next most expensive stadium.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
If anyone is around for the first Chargers game tomorrow, kindly submit any findings to the Db.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Received submission of 3 additional tags that were noted active. Also was noted Inglewood PD utilized Tac 2 & 4 for the event.

motobot213

Ø Manager
Premium Subscriber
Received submission of 3 additional tags that were noted active. Also was noted Inglewood PD utilized Tac 2 & 4 for the event.
LAflyer, Inglewood PD Tac 2 is not listed in the Db.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Pretty sure IPD 2 is simply the dispatch channel in simplex mode hence not in Db.

Last edited:

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Received a report of likely additional frequencies at SoFi

Site 4:
451.5625 cc11
451.7625 cc12
452.4625 cc11
Noted TGs All ENC - 12, 13, 15, 19, 29, 37, 38, 78

I tried to give a listen from my location but did not copy anything (could be simply nothing was going on).

Suppose there might be an additional frequency for site 4 are both sites 1 & 2 have 4 frequencies assigned each. Also, presume there is likely a Site 3 out there as well.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
452.0125 is the 4th frequency on Site 4. Db updated.

Apparently, the stadium hosting a 20,000 person "Vax Live" charity concert today.

Someone PM'd me stating 464.7 PL 225.7 being used for event management.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Reported that a Site 7 is active at the stadium also.

451.2375 cc9
451.4375 cc9
452.1625 cc9

If site 7 is similar to other sites, then it should also have a 4th yet unidentified frequency.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Received a note of a possible Site 5 on 451.3375 CC 7.
The submitter did not have time to verify any matching TG or RID with other confirmed sites.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Talkgroup 11902858 on the Fisher Wireless TeamTalk DMR system is reported as stadium traffic control.

Status
Not open for further replies.