Software for DMR Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Will ARC XT Basic software work for programming a Uniden BC996P2 with DMR frequencies/systems or do I need the Pro version?

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Pro adds features not part of programing the radio.

Missing in Basic:
Virtual Control
Enhanced Virtual Control
Data logging/history
Bandscope
Waterfall Display
'no loss' Harddisk Audio Recording
Closecall/Subtone logging

P.S. As I have the Butel and Proscan software for my 436 and 536 radio you might want to take a look at Proscan if you have not already purchased the software. Both have trial periods and Proscan supports the 996P2.

Last edited:

caphab1

New Scanner function, does it need software upgrade?

Hello all!

This question may have been answered already but I am wondering the steps how to program a 996P2 with software for DMR.. I don't see freescan has the capability, so what do I need to get or is dmr programming for this scanner a by hand process yet for DMR?

Thanks!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
ARC-XT (BuTel) or ProScan will do the DMR programming for the 996P2, assuming here that you have done the firmware update

Mike

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Scanner still in shipping.. Just trying to plan ahead!

Thank you Kindly!
I would suggest that you try both software packages (ARC-XT and ProScan). Each have a free trial period). As noted above, ProScan has features not present in ARC-XT Basic, plus it supports a number of other Uniden scanner models. I'm using ProScan on my 325P2 (the hand-held sibling to the 996P2).

Smokey4176

Premium Subscriber
Some help please. Were do i get the DMR/MotoTURBO software to download? I've been to uniden.com and cannot find the place to get it to download. This is for a BCD996P2 with the new firmware 1.07.09 already installed.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Some help please. Were do i get the DMR/MotoTURBO software to download? I've been to uniden.com and cannot find the place to get it to download. This is for a BCD996P2 with the new firmware 1.07.09 already installed.
There is no Uniden supplied software for the 996P2. Your choices are either ARC-XT or ProScan. Both have a trial period so that you can test drive the software first before you have to purchase it. I prefer ProScan, but others may prefer ARC-XT.

FreeSCAN was updated somewhat for DMR, but I've found that when importing a local system, the DMR system imports as a Mot Uhf. If starting a new DMR system, it's not giving me an option to enter the color code (v2.19b1).

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

If you're asking about purchasing the key for DMR/MotoTRBO
Go to myUniden - Customer Product Registration and Support Area
Login then register your BCD996P2, you should see a link to purchase the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.