Software Internet Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone out there, who owns a WS1080 radio ever had any Internet Connection Issues. I contacted Whistler about his dilemma, let me explain what it is doing. When I am using the EZ Scan Software, I can load what I put into the radio, but when I need to download the library, CPU, DSP, it comes back with a message Update Error. Whistler states that I need to contact my Internet provider, they claim there is nothing wrong with the EZ Scan Software and see if they can help me, see the Server's Website called scanner-update.com. Otherwise I just have a useless radio that I cannot update at all. The weird thing is all my other software programs work with the Internet, I also use Windows 8.1, x64 bit. I use Uniden's Sentinel, Proscan, Freescan, Butel, AOR's, for 8200II, RT-51 for my D-Star Icom Radio, and the list goes on. What I am afraid of is that Whistler and Comcast will be pointing fingers at each other, but nothing will get done, except me taking the radio and selling it.
My question I guess is this, is their a software package that covers the WS1080 usage, if used here in North America or Europe. Any help would be appreciated.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
What is the error (cut and paste it if you can)..

I have all three versions of the scanner, PSR800, WS1080 and the PRO688.. all three software packages work just fine with my Armstrong internet.. I have over 50 of the scanners out there in the community with Comcast internet, they all can get updates without issue..

Post the error message (word for word) and lets see if its something you can fix

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Your "scanner-update.com" webpage is a blank.. It comes back as "Under Construction"..

Is this where you are attempting to get your updates from?

DJ11DLN

Has anyone out there, who owns a WS1080 radio ever had any Internet Connection Issues. I contacted Whistler about his dilemma, let me explain what it is doing. When I am using the EZ Scan Software, I can load what I put into the radio, but when I need to download the library, CPU, DSP, it comes back with a message Update Error. Whistler states that I need to contact my Internet provider, they claim there is nothing wrong with the EZ Scan Software and see if they can help me, see the Server's Website called scanner-update.com. Otherwise I just have a useless radio that I cannot update at all. The weird thing is all my other software programs work with the Internet, I also use Windows 8.1, x64 bit. I use Uniden's Sentinel, Proscan, Freescan, Butel, AOR's, for 8200II, RT-51 for my D-Star Icom Radio, and the list goes on. What I am afraid of is that Whistler and Comcast will be pointing fingers at each other, but nothing will get done, except me taking the radio and selling it.
My question I guess is this, is their a software package that covers the WS1080 usage, if used here in North America or Europe. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a Pro-668 and a Pro-18, but my updates (via iScan) come from the same server as yours. It is not at all uncommon for this error to come up. Just keep re-trying and it will eventually pop and d/l the library. Sometimes it works for me on the first try, sometimes I have to attempt it 6 or 8 or more times but it will eventually succeed. There is a glitch somewhere, it has been mentioned around here before that this is not all that uncommon with some types of internet connections. My Verizon Jetpack is evidently one of the more susceptible ones. It's just something we have to deal with.:cool:

SCPD

QRT
My Norton Security software blocks that website totally ...

Fortunately I never use the library part in my GRE / Whistler scanners.

Blackswan73

That is the download server, but it does not have a home page. The software logs into the server to a private folder you can access the folder with the proper credentials. There are a couple of threads on this. Also that site is for firmware and software updates, not database updates

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
Update Errors

Thanks for the Replies, I tried Cut Copy and Pasting, but the program won't allow it. So here is the library Error Message, - Library Update, There was a error getting the frequency library version from the internet.
Then the CPU, DSP, message, - Update Error, The update was unable to get an available update version of the CPU or DSP, Firmware from the Internet. Please check your Internet connection and try again,
Whistler told me that the scanner-update.com is a server address, then when the PC looks into it, this is where all the available updates come from back to my PC. Whistler also stated the website "always looks under construction", so individuals cannot access it, but PC's can.
I tried 10 times to get my PC to connect but every time it comes up with those two error messages, this is where Whistler told me to connect Comcast to find out why it won't connect, also to check my Browser, ISP, and URL settings. This to me is foreign language, but I really don't want to give up, and again thanks for all your help in this matter.

scosgt

Try a different computer. Spyware or other may be blocking the ports you need.

Ed6698

I have Comcast as my internet provider and EZscan has never come up with an error. What kind of Internet security are you running? Sounds more like a program is blocking access to the updates.

mikey60

Make sure you haven't enabled a proxy or misconfigured one. The option is under the Updates menu at the bottom.

Also make sure you're using the latest version of the software. I believe that can be downloaded from the Whistler site.

Mike

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
WS1080: Software Internet Connection

Just wanted to thank everyone for their idea's about the not hooking up to the internet dilemma, I did get it fixed. I shut off my anti virus program, and it works then. After I turn on my anti virus program it will not allow any more connections. I contacted the company and they were helpful in telling me a few short cuts to shutting it down, and well, I guess having it down for the CPU, DSL, and Library updates for a few minutes, won't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.