software

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Lots of reports of customers who buy Win500 not getting keys since the creator vanished a little while ago. But I love Win500 and Don Starr did a lot for the hobby and with his software.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Sorry.
I meant the arc500.

The best software out there for your PRO651 is the one that works best for you. Only your opinion matters, because you are the one that will be paying for it and using it. They all will accomplish basically the same thing, just a matter of which one is the most appealing fit for you.

The 3 software packages for your scanner..... Butel's ARC500, PSREdit, and WIN500 all have 30 day free trials that are fully functional. That way you can see which one works best and easiest for you.

As mentioned, there has been a problem for some users getting the registration keys for Win500 after they submitted payment, those problems may have been when using the Paypal payment system, rather than direct credit card payments. A search of the forum will bring up those threads for you to look at.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
I like Butel ARC500. As stated above, you can download all of them for a free trial period to find which works best for you. Which scanner are you using?

81greer

Premium Subscriber
The best software out there for your PRO651 is the one that works best for you. Only your opinion matters, because you are the one that will be paying for it and using it. They all will accomplish basically the same thing, just a matter of which one is the most appealing fit for you.

The 3 software packages for your scanner..... Butel's ARC500, PSREdit, and WIN500 all have 30 day free trials that are fully functional. That way you can see which one works best and easiest for you.

As mentioned, there has been a problem for some users getting the registration keys for Win500 after they submitted payment, those problems may have been when using the Paypal payment system, rather than direct credit card payments. A search of the forum will bring up those threads for you to look at.

I have been having trouble getting the 30 day free trial on win500
was able to install the ARC500 free trial.

WA6IJD

Premium Subscriber
Looking for help with WIN500. No issues generally. Except when I try to use the Monitor/Control function. It used to work without a hitch. But lately it seems to not log all the freqs it stops on. It works on trunked systems flawlessly. But just plain old FM analog freqs its hit and miss. I can control the radio fine. Just the logging. Yes, the bullets are on and have a good working file folder. Have not reloaded the software yet. That's the only thing I haven't tried. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Robert

DJ11DLN

I tried all 3 and any of them will do the job. I liked Win500 best at the time so that's what I bought. That was well before Mr. Starr dropped out of sight though. And the differences were in fractions of a degree rather than anything glaring; it took a lot of thought to pick that one out for myself. All are great products. So just try them all and buy whichever one is most to your liking.

WA6IJD

Premium Subscriber

WA6IJD

Premium Subscriber
Looking for help with WIN500. No issues generally. Except when I try to use the Monitor/Control function. It used to work without a hitch. But lately it seems to not log all the freqs it stops on. It works on trunked systems flawlessly. But just plain old FM analog freqs its hit and miss. I can control the radio fine. Just the logging. Yes, the bullets are on and have a good working file folder. Have not reloaded the software yet. That's the only thing I haven't tried. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Robert
UPDATE: WIN500 has been working fine for two days now. Have not made any solicited changes to the PC. Device manager shows the same ports in use ...

Angelica231

Premium Subscriber
My Win 500 notes field stopped working the second time I used it. As I write this, it still isn't working and I made no changes to the software. This isn't any help, but though I would post. Kathi > N0FKA

Status
Not open for further replies.