Somerset County TRS Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
OK, I got the answers from him I needed - This changeover will occur by mid-Feb or at the latest, by the start of March.

It currently will only encompass East Millstone & Franklin-Somerset. Kendall Park will be on the inital roll-out with the radios as well. The other squads will continue to communicate as thay always have.

The fire districts need to bankroll their own deployment onto the TRS - the township will not be buying them radios. The cheifs have county TRS radios, and that's it (so far)...

mikea7531

Feed Provider
A new talkgroup became active on the county system the other day: 54736 - Clear Digital. I believe this to be some sort of North Plainfield talkgroup. I did hear someone calling on there this eveining "Any other North Plainfield units on the air?" I've also seen radios on this talkgroup affiliate with these talkgroups below:

54704 - Another North Plainfield Talkgroup? In this range, i suspect it to be Digital.
6448 - Prosecutor's Main
11376 - PD South Ops-1
11440 - PD Central

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Sounds like Somerset Medical Center's Paramedics are now operating off of the TRS. I've heard both 681 and 682 on EMS Dispatch 1 (EMS Region 1 on some radios) this AM. Talkgroup 14416 ANALOG.

mikea7531

Feed Provider
A few updates:

SMC ALS and BLS are currently on a trial with the new radio system. They are currently using loaner radios from Somerset County. From what I understand, they all love the new radios, they have been making use of the varios Ops channels as well to direct their responses better. Maybe SMC will finally layout the money to purchase radios for the system.

County was doing some testing on the UHF Multicast paging channel with SMC. It looks like more stuff will be moving off of JEMS 1 and over to the UHF Multicast paging channel and the TRS.

North Plainfield PD heard using talkgroup 54736 in Digital in the clear this evening. Sounds like one or two of the officers are carrying the new radios and testing them out.

robbinsj2

To whomever submitted the updated posted to Somerset County (Conv.): can you elaborate? 22F/R, in the north, is currently being paged on it and 50F was in the past, and it's in the fire company mutual aid radios (receive-only) as CTY PAGE or similar. Is county splitting the paging channels?

As an aside, can we differentiate between "dispatch", being 2-way communciations with the dispatch center, and "paging", being 1-way alerting? I think that may clear up some current or future confusion.

Also, Scott, can you verify 56800? I've seen no affiliations to it, and it doesn't fit the talkgroup numbering scheme (56784 and 56816 are the closest). I wonder if it should be 56880, which I've seen many Franklin EMS radios affiliate to. UniTrunker has also logged no activity (transmissions or affiliations) on 52912 but it does fit the numbering scheme and I have no reason to suspect another TGID instead.

Jim

mikea7531

Feed Provider
robbinsj2 said:
Also, Scott, can you verify 56800? I've seen no affiliations to it, and it doesn't fit the talkgroup numbering scheme (56784 and 56816 are the closest). I wonder if it should be 56880, which I've seen many Franklin EMS radios affiliate to. UniTrunker has also logged no activity (transmissions or affiliations) on 52912 but it does fit the numbering scheme and I have no reason to suspect another TGID instead.
Jim,

I haven't seen any affiliations with 56800. I would have agree with you that it could possibly be 56880 instead, the past several days I've seen affiliations to this from the EMS units.

Same with 52912 - No affilliations. I'm wondering if Franklin has this talkgroup 'disabled' at their console? I know Morris County can do Dynamic Regroup and has capabilities to turn on and off talkgroups, so I'm wondering if that could be the same situation here in Franklin and the radios can't affiliate to it. Maybe this is for patching VHF JEMS1 into the Franklin zone? :confused:

W2SJW

Database Admin
robbinsj2 said:

Yep - my bad - I transposed when I was entering the data! I've got the actual printout from the CPS for the radios in my hand here, and I just realized my error...

My friend told me that the 'Event 1D' and the EMS Inter-Op TGID's are currently locked-out (activation to occur soon).

BTW - anybody else know why North Plainfield is now doing all primary dispatching on their analog 'Ops-2' TGID?

majundecid

mikea7531 said:
North Plainfield PD heard using talkgroup 54736 in Digital in the clear this evening. Sounds like one or two of the officers are carrying the new radios and testing them out.

They all now have new Handhelds, handed out about a month ago.

How they hell do I program the TGID's? I have my scanner recieving 502.5125, but I get all agencies on that frequency.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

With all the action going on in Bound Brook, I started to hear traffic on 32304 today on the county system.

Temporary TGID, or something permanent we've never heard before?

Update: This TGID is for Prosecutor's Office dive team. SCPO's dive members ID by last name on the air (as I was just told), not by any kind of callsign.

I'll have confirmation by tomorrow as to if this is their permanent TGID.

Last edited:

mikea7531

Feed Provider
W2SJW said:
BTW - anybody else know why North Plainfield is now doing all primary dispatching on their analog 'Ops-2' TGID?

It's been a few weeks since they started to operate on the analog Ops-2 talkgroup. Looks like they didn't like digital? We'll see if it stays this way, although, it was nice to listen to them in digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.