Sony Cycle Energy Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomast77

From browsing the forums it appears most of you use Maha chargers, but being on a budget I am looking for a cheaper alternative with refresh. I stumbled across the Sony Cycle Energy BCG34HRE4KN with 4 batteries on Amazon for about $28 with shipping. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DL9WDG/ref=cm_cr_asin_lnk

The reviews seem to be really good. I am writing to see if anyone here uses it and what you think? Should I get it?

Edited to add: Another feature I was looking for was the ability to charge an odd number of batteries since my scanner uses 3 AA. This charger can charge 1,2,3 or 4 batteries. The charger monitors each battery individually to prevent overcharging. It is not a timer charger. It actually reads the battery voltage and shuts of charging for each battery as they are fully charged. It also has a refresh feature. I would have gone with the Eneloop package but the charger has none of these features. I think I am going to get the Sony charger and when I need more batteries buy Eneloops.

Last edited:

ermin

I got the Eneloop charger with 8 AA and 4 AAA batteries at Costco for $27. Used the AA's for 5 months now and love them.

Ermin

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Sanyo Eneloops 2000mAh AA

I also bought the 8 Eneloops batteries at Costco with a charger on sale for $19 over TWO YEARS AGO and they are still going strong. They've outlasted all other brands I've tried hands down.

However, I only use the charger that came with the Eneloops from time to time (traveling, etc). I use the Maha charger. It has several quirks and if I had it to do over again I'd get the La Crosse charger (~$40).

W2PMX

I use a Maha for most of my batteries, but for cases in which I have an odd number of cells, I have a Duracell charger that seems to do a pretty good job of keeping the batteries working. I'm still using 5 year old NiMH cells, and that's longer than they should be expected to survive in daily use.

thomast77

I wanted to give an update. I purchased the Sony cycle energy charger from the link in my first post. I have used it for some time now and it works better than expected. I chose this charger because I don't have the funds to buy the more expensive options available. So if you are low on funds this might be for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.