South Elgin Fire District on StarComm

Status
Not open for further replies.

firedancer116

Premium Subscriber
Good Morning,

Just thought I would let you know that as of today the South Elgin Fire Protection District, South Elgin, IL (Kane County) is now going to be dispatched on Elgin Fire Departments StarCom system using all of Elgin's talk groups (Elgin Fire Main, Ops Channel 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, etc.) As of right now, the plan is to keep our VHF frequency, 153.3200, as a back up and to make sure our transition to StarComm is good. Then I believe our administration will get rid of it. This has been over a year in the making to get this all completed. LONG STORY why it took this long!!! We have always been dispatched by Elgin Communications for the last several years since our local dispatch center closed. Our South Elgin Police are staying with Tri Comm on their StarComm Channels. No change there. We will follow exactly what Elgin Fire does with any call. If it's more than 2 pieces of equipment responding it will be moved to an Ops channel. Our stations have been changed last year to reflect the change for Elgin as Station 21: (Engine 21, Ambulance 21, Tower 21, etc. and Station 22; Engine 22, Ambulance 22, Tender 22, etc.) by this time next year we will have station 23 built with Engine 23 and Ambulance 23 and some other equipment changes. Chiefs are 200 (Chief), 201 (Asst. Chief) and 202 (Asst. Chief). We will address Elgin Communications as Elgin Fire and then our rig number. Hope this helps with keeping up with our change and with anything new there may be some hiccups here and there and still some more testing of the tones!

Thank you for your time and stay safe,
Mick
FF/PM with South Elgin Fire and avid scanner listener. I'm always learning and trying to keep up with my area in Kane county!

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Thank You for your info as im in Joliet but my daughter lives in S.Elgin so I monitor Tower 126 very well and hear the PD fine and now will listen for SE FD in the #20's....It was a little rough hearing 153.32....

firedancer116

Premium Subscriber
No Problem at all! Always glad to help out and update when needed. It will defiantly be better to hear now, hopefully! Let me know how it sounds in Joliet. I know they were busy yesterday. About 15 calls compared to our average of 8 to 10. Today has been slow. If you give me a cross street of where approx. your daughter lives I can give you the District number of that area if you would like.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
The Radio Reference database has been updated. Please feel free to submit future updates for this other users to the Radio Reference database.

Good Morning,

Just thought I would let you know that as of today the South Elgin Fire Protection District, South Elgin, IL (Kane County) is now going to be dispatched on Elgin Fire Departments StarCom system using all of Elgin's talk groups (Elgin Fire Main, Ops Channel 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, etc.) As of right now, the plan is to keep our VHF frequency, 153.3200, as a back up and to make sure our transition to StarComm is good. Then I believe our administration will get rid of it. This has been over a year in the making to get this all completed. LONG STORY why it took this long!!! We have always been dispatched by Elgin Communications for the last several years since our local dispatch center closed. Our South Elgin Police are staying with Tri Comm on their StarComm Channels. No change there. We will follow exactly what Elgin Fire does with any call. If it's more than 2 pieces of equipment responding it will be moved to an Ops channel. Our stations have been changed last year to reflect the change for Elgin as Station 21: (Engine 21, Ambulance 21, Tower 21, etc. and Station 22; Engine 22, Ambulance 22, Tender 22, etc.) by this time next year we will have station 23 built with Engine 23 and Ambulance 23 and some other equipment changes. Chiefs are 200 (Chief), 201 (Asst. Chief) and 202 (Asst. Chief). We will address Elgin Communications as Elgin Fire and then our rig number. Hope this helps with keeping up with our change and with anything new there may be some hiccups here and there and still some more testing of the tones!

Thank you for your time and stay safe,
Mick
FF/PM with South Elgin Fire and avid scanner listener. I'm always learning and trying to keep up with my area in Kane county!

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I hear SE FD and Elgin FD using a attic antenna monitoring Tower 126-Aurora....My daughter lives in area of Hopps and Hobart....I heard all the calls last night, one I especially sent her to check out was from Elgin where a Hot Air Balloon crashed on Long Common Parkway , she took a ride and could not find anything ??

firedancer116

Premium Subscriber
I hear SE FD and Elgin FD using a attic antenna monitoring Tower 126-Aurora....My daughter lives in area of Hopps and Hobart....I heard all the calls last night, one I especially sent her to check out was from Elgin where a Hot Air Balloon crashed on Long Common Parkway , she took a ride and could not find anything ??

That's good you're hearing it much better now! That hot air balloon was in my neighborhood, but I was on duty. They just decided to land and pack it up on their chase truck. Why land there i don't know!! Your daughter's fire district would be if she's west of Hobart it is District 22 and East of Hobart is District 21, but close to this time next year she will be District 21 when we open our new fire station by the Spring and McLean by the Napa. Hope this helps ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.