South Hampton Town EMS

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Hey everyone , just curious if anyone is on LI and can confirm for me what I’m hearing on the South Hampton Town EMS UHF freq sounds like building dept or code enforcement doing “rental inspections” did south Hampton switch to the Suffolk trunked system completely ? I still continue to hear 8 and 9 divisions on UHF but nothing from any of the listed division 7 besides that ems freq. I am almost 40 miles away in CT but am getting this clear and with MDC numbers. Anyways just wondering if this was a freq to trash or continue to monitor thanks.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Hey everyone , just curious if anyone is on LI and can confirm for me what I’m hearing on the South Hampton Town EMS UHF freq sounds like building dept or code enforcement doing “rental inspections” did south Hampton switch to the Suffolk trunked system completely ? I still continue to hear 8 and 9 divisions on UHF but nothing from any of the listed division 7 besides that ems freq. I am almost 40 miles away in CT but am getting this clear and with MDC nu
Sorry freq I am monitoring is 453.250 and a PL of 179.9 thanks again
453.250 is still used to activate EMS agencies in Southampton Town but its also used as a local govt freq to talk to SHT PD Dispatch. Not sure exactly what they are, but I think the fire marshals are on it and maybe some other misc town agencies.

Ambulances talking to (enroute, on scene, etc.) Southampton Town PD Dispatch will do so on the "967" freq of 453.400 Pl 100.0

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Thanks that all makes sense after listening a little more I was hearing a lot of FMO traffic and such I’ll give the 967 channel a try too

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Thanks that all makes sense after listening a little more I was hearing a lot of FMO traffic and such I’ll give the 967 channel a try too
Yea, 967 is the ambulances talking to dispatch. 453.250 is just for tone outs. Some Ems agencies also have their own UHF like Hampton Bays Amb and Southampton Volunteer Amb, so don't forget to plus those in as well.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Due to my distance from the actual area I’m going to try to start with channels with the highest outputs usually I start with the stuff over 100w output generally below around 75 I won’t be able to hear or hear we’ll I’m just using a hand held Motorola

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Due to my distance from the actual area I’m going to try to start with channels with the highest outputs usually I start with the stuff over 100w output generally below around 75 I won’t be able to hear or hear we’ll I’m just using a hand held Motorola
453.250 and 453.400 are both simulcasted off at least the 3 same sites within the township at decent power so you should hear them fine.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if you monitor the Suffolk 800 P2 system but I noticed some activity from the 700 East site tonight for the first time since having it in my G4 for almost 2 years. Activity was from TG 10303 which is Riverhead FD 2. Is this site starting to be used regularly now ? Like I said first I’ve heard it used though I never listened to it much due to its lack of use and the G4 only being able to monitor one site at a time.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Yes, RVAC was having coverage issues on their UHF (trying to cover 40 square miles with 1 repeater site) so the fix was them using Riverhead 2 on the county system.