SRP Frequencies in Phoenix?

kg7el

Premium Subscriber
I tried using the DMR channels listed in RR and I hear nothing yet. Anyone have a working setup for SRP in Phoenix/Mesa?

N9JIG

Sheriff
Not sure on that side of the valley but I am hearing the control channel and traffic for the White Tanks site here. Check all the listed channels for the Site(s) in your area, they are not always the ones noted as such in the DB.

kg7el

Premium Subscriber
Not sure on that side of the valley but I am hearing the control channel and traffic for the White Tanks site here. Check all the listed channels for the Site(s) in your area, they are not always the ones noted as such in the DB.
I'm in the East Valley. But I'm scanning ALL SITES and ALL Control Freqs. I'm getting fairly strong signals from most of them. I even get the "CON+" tag on my display while listening. But no one ever talks. At least not yet.

I also have APS programmed into my scanner and I AM hearing activity on that system, a P25.

I don't understand your comment about Check all listed channels, how do I check them if they are NOT in the DB? Is there another DB somewhere?

N9JIG

Sheriff
I'm in the East Valley. But I'm scanning ALL SITES and ALL Control Freqs. I'm getting fairly strong signals from most of them. I even get the "CON+" tag on my display while listening. But no one ever talks. At least not yet.

I also have APS programmed into my scanner and I AM hearing activity on that system, a P25.

I don't understand your comment about Check all listed channels, how do I check them if they are NOT in the DB? Is there another DB somewhere?
The listing for the White Tanks Site only had one channel listed as a Control Channel, today it was on one of the channels listed as voice only (I since fixed the DB).

I am not sure what scanner you have, but try putting it in ID Search Mode. I only had a few hits in the half hour or so I popped it in my scanner after reading your message so perhaps it just isn't that busy.

kg7el

Premium Subscriber
The listing for the White Tanks Site only had one channel listed as a Control Channel, today it was on one of the channels listed as voice only (I since fixed the DB).

I am not sure what scanner you have, but try putting it in ID Search Mode. I only had a few hits in the half hour or so I popped it in my scanner after reading your message so perhaps it just isn't that busy.
So I put my SDS200 scanner into record mode and let it run overnight and this morning, listening to APS and SRP. While APS was the overwhelmingly active service, there were maybe 2-3 SRP transmissions. So it works, but nothing to see here!

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Keep your eyes on this system. Look for the new freqs and new things on those new freqs. TT

etihparg

Premium Subscriber
So I put my SDS200 scanner into record mode and let it run overnight and this morning, listening to APS and SRP. While APS was the overwhelmingly active service, there were maybe 2-3 SRP transmissions. So it works, but nothing to see here!
All the SRP vehicles I have seen have laptops, so maybe this is they're main form of communications.