St. Clair Mairne Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

seamusg

Does St. Clair Co. use PB for their boat designations, and did they just get a new boat? The reason is I heard a new TG on the Mt. Clemens Tower (TG 2749) with a Radio ID of 2743081 ( the Radio ID is from PRO96COM), they ID'd as PB6 and were testing their new radio and new engines. They were saying how quiet they were and how clear the radio was, they could hear the radio over the engine noise.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
Hmm caught a similar ID on the same TG 2743091, a little later I heard "Kimball fire" on STATW8 with an ID of 2743194

seamusg

palzeke said:
Hmm caught a similar ID on the same TG 2743091, a little later I heard "Kimball fire" on STATW8 with an ID of 2743194
On the TG, I got radio's 2743081 and 2743087, the second time I heard them they were discussing seting up their marine radio. 274xxxx radios should be St. Clair County area.
I'm trying to ID the TG, and was asking if St. Clair Co. Marine could be testing a new boat, and do they ise PB as their call sign. I know Macomb uses PB1 through PB12 for their Boats.

bigbluemsp

St. Clair County Marine Division had 8 boats PB1-PB8.........

Also I forgot to post they ARE starting early testing on the system. I found out late Thurday that it was a last minute decision to do this.

seamusg

bigbluemsp said:
St. Clair County Marine Division had 8 boats PB1-PB8.........

Also I forgot to post they ARE starting early testing on the system. I found out late Thurday that it was a last minute decision to do this.
Sounds like there getting ready for the big rush next weekend. Is PB6 a new boat? One of them did'nt know about adjusting the squelch on the marine radio. :wink:

bigbluemsp

No, PB 6 will be the test boat for the new radio system.

Its about 4 years old, but the Marine Division offically put all its boats in the water starting Memorial Day Weekend.

seamusg

bigbluemsp said:
No, PB 6 will be the test boat for the new radio system.

Its about 4 years old, but the Marine Division offically put all its boats in the water starting Memorial Day Weekend.
From the way they were talking, it sound like they had the engines redone and are starting early with the tests. I'll listen for them.
Jim

bigbluemsp

Not all the Patrol Boats are in the water on a shift. Man Power, budget and how busy the boating day is deplicts how many are in service at once. PB6 however is the busiest boat in the fleet. Its also the fastest with 4 Mercs on board. It probably had to be rebuilt because of how much it gets used.

Status
Not open for further replies.