Stafford House Fire/New Radio IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSsignal16

Premium Subscriber
That practice is not typically done in the NOVA fire departments from what I've seen. The APX models they mostly use displays it's assigned seating positions on each radio and is married to that seating position, therefore keeping UIDs consistent with each radio minimizing the need to change in CAD as often. The APX models Stafford uses doesn't display it's individual alias and therefore can't be assigned to seating positions the same way.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
That practice is not typically done in the NOVA fire departments from what I've seen. The APX models they mostly use displays it's assigned seating positions on each radio and is married to that seating position, therefore keeping UIDs consistent with each radio minimizing the need to change in CAD as often. The APX models Stafford uses doesn't display it's individual alias and therefore can't be assigned to seating positions the same way.
In our county, you routinely hear an officer talking with a dispatcher about radio assignments when apparatus get switched out / returning from maintenance. Usually, it's the mobile RID that is getting redesignated, but sometimes it's a portable. Other times, a reserve engine keeps its designation, but the portables are still tagged as being with the primary apparatus. So let's say reserve E304 is replacing E301, the CAD change is made that E304 is now dispatched as the primary engine from company 30 and its RID remains E304, but the portables still say "E301-2" etc. If the reserve unit comes from the pool, its CAD designation simply is changed to whatever unit it is replacing. Complications arise when a particular engine is uniquely capable in some respect, and has to be replaced....

Anyway, I thought the aliases were primarily for display on the radios to make it easier for the personnel to know what unit they were assigned to if a radio was found lying around the station, lol. AFAIK, just the SUID are transmitted by the radio on the cch / traffic subchannel. The CAD uses its own tags / aliases for SUIDs that are registered on the system.

JSsignal16

Premium Subscriber
That sounds a lot like how they do it my county as well, the only difference is they do over MDT and not OTA. From a scanner prospective the UID/aliases are mostly consistent with what I have programed into my radio except on certain occasions due to situations that you mentioned.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Any catching a TG of 4502? It's still encrypted but it appeared today when the dispatcher was transmitting on TG 4501 like it was a simulcast.

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
I hear Stafford telling F/RS units to go to SpOpsA or B but I never hear anything afterwards on those TG's. I don't see a encryption indicator nor anything else. Any ideals what is going on other than they are just camping there?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.