STARS Chesapeake

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Why do they have Chesapeake 3? I thought there was Chesapeake Ch. 1 and 2. What is Chesapeake 3 for?

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
STARS

Thanks Mike, Does anyone know what towers or freqs I would use for Surry Co area state police. I was up there yesterday and couldnt hear park rangers.

W4UVV

Be aware of STARS users site affiliations

Thanks Mike, Does anyone know what towers or freqs I would use for Surry Co area state police. I was up there yesterday and couldnt hear park rangers.

Be aware for selected STARS users their comms will not be globally broadcast within a division or divisions due to site affiliations. For example, Marine Resources Commission, Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and Va. Port Authority comms are not simulcasted on all Div 5 STARS sites. I know for sure they are not simulcasted on the Waverly site. When I have monitored the Franklin or Emporia sites I don't recall hearing their comms there either. They typically are affiliated but not limited to the Hampton, Williamsburg, Burguess, Chesapeake and the eastern shore STARS sites .

Because of the insensitivity on my digital scanners I cannot monitor the Hampton STARS site. However using my DMR DSD MOTOTRBO/NXDN/P25 Phase 1 software configuration I can hear Hampton and log new MRC, CBBT and VPA user's talkgroups. My Uniden 536 scanner is significantly more sensitive than my 996XTs and GRE PSR 600. The reason I know is I now hear the Hanover Co. trs running low power and phased antennas, the Gloucester Co..York Co. unencrypted Fire Co. simulcasted comms on 154 mhz. and Brunswick Co. with stronger signals. When I finish programing it I hope to be able to monitor Hampton and more peninsula STARS sites.

Other STARS divisions may and probably do have selected STARS users with site affiliations.

John

W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.