State DTRS Programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryablans

So now I'm confused-
I'm seeing in the Colorado State DTRS RR listings Frequencies and TG Id's.
So I think I get it that I need a site like DTB but how do I associate
the TG'ids with the site? As an example I dwnloaded the TG'ids for Glendale,
Littleton etc. and the DTB site but just see ID numbers when scanning not
the id's? So under the TG'ids for the various agencies I see the TG'ids but
under the system frequency there is nothing listed. Also, its interesting if
I select Arapahoe County in the RR database it only lists some agencies
but not all. As an example can't find Littleton or Glendale PD unless I dwnld the
entire state DTRS

Thanks in advance.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

What scanner?

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
So now I'm confused-
I'm seeing in the Colorado State DTRS RR listings Frequencies and TG Id's.
So I think I get it that I need a site like DTB but how do I associate
the TG'ids with the site?

That's one of those things that perhaps need to change in the database. Where talk-groups can be paired with relevant towers of that area. Or perhaps suggest tower locations based on your area you input for.

I enter everything manually. All the system frequencies and the control channel (CC) with alternates if listed. Take a few hours. :lol: I enter when I need 'em and just leave the sites in the radio.

n0nhp

You have a very powerful little unit there, I have the mobile version so there is just a bit of difference.
There are as many ways of setting the scanner up as there are users.
Classically you would put as many sites as you think may be in range on one system.
That maximizes the memory use. On the Colorado DTRS system you will run out of Group and Site room before you run out of memory.
I have played with a number of different ways to set it up, as this scanner is in search mode most of the time, I want to be able to ID as many Talk Groups as I can so I set mine up with one site per system. That will give me the greatest possible number of talk groups I can assign. I only assign talk groups that have actually associated with a given tower.
Here is a screen shot of the Grand Mesa System / Site with the site and Mesa County group expanded.

Bruce

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 376

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Location? If you're in a county that I have programmed, I can send a free scan file.

ryablans

Followup

Thanks everyone for the info!

Here is what I need to know :)

First graphic is the actual DTRS dwnld form RR-notice it shows FRQ and TGIDS

Second is the TG's expanded for the ones I wish to show when heard on the scanner.

Third is what I am seeing only an ID number and not the TG name ID.

I want to be able to see the name of the TG when I get a hit. So I have downloaded a
site say DTB and the TG group uploaded to the scanner but yet all I see is a number
ID not the agency name. I need to know how to associate the site frequency with the TGids
provided?

Cheers

Attachments

• StateDTRS.jpg
    StateDTRS.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 317
  • TG.jpg
    TG.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 313
  • Scanner.jpg
    Scanner.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I do notice Glendale and Sheridan FD's TG's on your download list and neither of these depts is on DTRS any longer.

Jim<

n0nhp

My guess is that you have the scanner in ID search mode rather than ID scan mode.
If the TalkGroup is not programmed in the Group that is being received, all the radio will display is the talk group number.
TG 11 that you are displaying in the screen shot is Thornton PD1.

Keep State of Colorado DTRS Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies
open and use the edit/search function. When you find an unknown, search for it and enter it manually.
I leave mine recording so when an unknown comes up I can search the database for it and if it is not identified yet can use the recording to try to identify it.
Many of the Western Colorado updates come from that recording.
You have a good start but have to realize that particular talk groups are not locked to particular sites. I have a bunch of parks folks from around the state, a Fairmont fire guy and a Pueblo deputy in my area right now so have a bunch of foreign traffic on my 5 local sites.
As I catch them, I'll add them to my database and either lock them out or leave them in RX and upload the new database to the scanner.
I do at least one database upload to the scanner every day.
Bruce

ryablans

Software

Turns out using Butel solved the problem-
I'm seeing the proper database info from RR using this and
was able to upload the systems I needed and now see the
ID names. Somehow my Proscan software isn't reading RR
in the same way.

Thanks again for the assistance!

ryablans

More

I finally found that you need to select a site AND a TG lisitng in the RR DB and
download that at the same time when using Proscan import feature, That seemed
to work correctly. Previously I was downloading them seperately.

Status
Not open for further replies.