Staten Island Transit Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrLoomis1978

I'm trying to find the frequency for the Staten Island Transit Police but can't seem to find anything to do with Staten Island. I see the officers at the train stations all the time, so they exist LOL but they're not listed here. I did see an article online that said transit police were going to be on the same frequencies as the regular PD NYPD will move all officers to same radio frequency - NY Daily News. This is very possible but If someone can verify it or tell me the transit frequency I'd be very appreciative.

warren

MTACOP
Check the Database there are talkgroups for other districts, SOD, etc. Not used frequently, but that may change? When you were on the job do you recall any units referred to as District 10? I thought I had heard that on several occasions. My thinking was detectives????

Analogrules

Are MTA PD basically off their VHF frequencies now and using the Metro 25 system full time, including the NY Penn Station units? From Jersey, I cannot pick up any of their VHF frequencies.

Also, I recently read an article that Amtrak PD can now talk directly with MTA PD and NYPD on a certain channel/frequency (see article below). Which frequency would that be? CW 2?

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/polit...e-talk-cops-emergency-radio-article-1.2325427

Analogrules

I realize this thread has gone off topic from Staten Island RR to NY Penn Station Discussion, so I started a new thread with my specific question.

Status
Not open for further replies.