Stereo Feed Setup Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Hi all. Hoping you can guide me alittle bit. Bare with me while I try to explain what I am up against.

For years now I have been running a Stereo Feed via ProScan with Trunked Radio on the Left and VHF on the right. I have a Y connector going right into the laptops Mic port.

Zero Issues and its been running so long I do not remember exactly how I managed to set it up but the audio WAS running independently of each other; meaning I could manipulate the audio on the VHF Scanner and only the right side audio bar would move up or down if you can picture what I mean

Anyways; almost immediately following what I wouldn't consider a close thunderstorm, with no power bumps or surges I lost all audio on the right side. VHF was totally dead. Push buttons or force traffic that side and the audio bar would not show green at all. No issues with the left.

I tried changing cables, switching cables, re starting, updating drivers, everything (unless im missing a setting) No go.

The only way I could get my stereo feed working again was to purchase a Sterep USB Sound Card, plug the Y into that and now I have audio on right and left again BUT here is the problem...

I am unable to separate them. When there is audio on the left, it comes across both right and left and vice versa. I confirmed its set to Stereo in Proscan.

How do I get them to act interdependently of each other again??

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Pan in the input channel for one left and pan the input channel for the other right.
That will mute the right channel on the left feed and the left channel on the right feed.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Sorry you lost me. Not sure what you mean. Is that a setting in ProScan or somewhere in the Windows Sound Settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.