Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
The USCG helos at Atlantic City train daily for intercept practice (against another USCG helo, against Civil Air Patrol fixed and helicopter aircraft) sometimes working in correlation with Huntress too. Doubt Bouncer is anything but a USCG helo.

Agree, but the helo @AirScan mentions was in the location of the Helo IDing as US Air Force Helo.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Agree, but the helo @AirScan mentions was in the location of the Helo IDing as US Air Force Helo.

Okay the link AirScan sent showed a USCG helo 6576 which is currently at Wilmington Airport for CAP support. Not familiar with any USAF helo that would be involved. If the hex code on adsb exchange was showing and also the TIS-B code it would make it appear that two helos were involved. Will just have to listen to KILG tower and see how many helos come back or depart next time there is a TOI.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin

AirScan

Premium Subscriber

I'm not sure where you are getting this USAF helo from ? I never heard a helo IDing as "Air Force" ? Did you hear this on 123.075 ?

Mark

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure where you are getting this USAF helo from ? I never heard a helo IDing as "Air Force" ? Did you hear this on 123.075 ?
Rgr I got on tape myself.. Maybe USAF officer aboard? He said it a couple times only on 121.500 chasing targets.
Maybe Coast Guard Helo isn't clear enough for them Lol :)
I'll edit tape later and pass it along..

KING-62 HC-130J #16-5857 into KDOV from out West Ca ANG 129thRQW special.. Heard him trying Andrews CP 378.100 no luck.
ASY-636 RAAF C-17 A41-212 also into Dover earlier from Warner Robins it seems. Maybe picking up some cargo to take home.
Last logged into Texas last October so assume a overhaul finishing at Warner.

Yeah good clear skies being a Saturday and light winds brought out a lot of light aircraft to test the TFR.
CAP Much quieter on rainy days :)

Last edited:

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
Rgr I got on tape myself.. Maybe USAF officer aboard? He said it a couple times only on 121.500 chasing targets.

My guess is it was NOBEL 22 calling on 121.500 but the beginning of the transmission was clipped/missed (scanner delay/speed).

I think what you heard was, "United States Airforce Helicopter 10 miles southwest of ...", but what was actually said was, "(This is the) United States Airforce, Helicopter 10 miles southwest of ...". NOBEL 22 reported they never got a response.

The first contact wasn't until they got them on 123.075. The only clues to the ID of the mystery TFR busting helo was that it was "black and white" and something about "359" ?

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
My guess is it was NOBEL 22 calling on 121.500 but the beginning of the transmission was clipped/missed (scanner delay/speed).
I think what you heard was, "United States Airforce Helicopter 10 miles southwest of ...", but what was actually said was, "(This is the) United States Airforce, Helicopter 10 miles southwest of ...". NOBEL 22 reported they never got a response.
The first contact wasn't until BOUNCER 1 got them on 123.075. The only clues to the ID of the mystery TFR busting helo was that it was "black and white" and something about "359" ?
I think you are right.. Was NOBLE making the call to the wayward Chopper... Makes sense now..
He was calling "Helicopter WB you have been intercepted" He dropped down to FL6k as well.
Also in first call he says this is USAF Helicopter instead of "to Helicopter" so some confusion.
Nice vid above posted by HM1529 of NOBLE F-16 chasing down chopper up that way.. F-16 does wing wobble.
I wish they would chase a plane my way instead of Pa all the time.:)

Last edited:

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
Also in first call he says this is USAF Helicopter instead of "to Helicopter" so some confusion.

Here's all the calls from NOBEL to the chopper on 121.500 over a 7.5 minute time frame received from the KLNS airport LiveATC feed.

NOBEL calling Chopper

After the 3rd call someone responds "sorry, I'm sorry". It sounds to me like that "sorry" call was not from the helo but more likely some numbnuts trying to be funny (the same bonehead type that makes those meow noises on guard all the time). It's unlikely you would hear anything that clear from the helo at that low altitude in the vicinity of KOQN from KLNS 34 miles away.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
2100 local RCH 476 coming East from Albuquerque NM C-17 10-0220 62AW.
Prob a special delivery type that only the 62AW handles to Europe.
They usually stop at McGuire with very tight Raven security...
If that is case watch later on departure tomorrow as it avoids Canada and French airspace and makes for Gibraltar.
They and others don't allow routine Haz cargo specials like this over their land space.
Course could also be routine RCH flight.. LOL Maybe now headed for Dover stop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.