Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

IQ_imbalance

Premium Subscriber
Hi, newish here. Just started monitoring Mil Air and was very excited to hear activity in my area today (GUARD DOG, HUNTRESS). I live near Waynesboro Pa/Hagerstown Md. It's great to see a thread dedicated to this.
Welcome, and good timing! It's always good listening when the GUARD DOG CAP is up, in fact might be worth to make a separate frequency list just for those occasions....

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
Hi, newish here. Just started monitoring Mil Air
Yes! as others have already said, WELCOME! We were all new at this once (many moons ago)! Don't be shy about asking questions. There is a great group of people here on this list with a wealth of knowledge at your disposal. Heck, I don't even live near you guys and I enjoy this group more than any other on the net. Welcome aboard! :)

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Me as well Ron. That's how I found them when I wasn't even searching for them. They popped up on my Coronet scanner.
For new guys the USAF does not permit single engine aircraft to cross the Pond alone so that's why they send a Rescue type HC-130
along with these PC-12's or USAF designation U-28A's . They will Island hop including stop at Iceland before UK stop.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Coming SW out of Pease is 155ARW Nebraska ANG 62-3526 IGOR-57 .. CAP going into overtime?
Maybe Potus decided to fire up the grille at the Camp. maybe IGOR-57 headed for home?
IGOR-56 KC-10 82-0192 running tight pattern from Frederick to DC
1710 Seems IGOR-57 headed for home.. Guess wasn't needed today.. Maybe was in case of Monday overtime.
1715 NOBLE working flight plan back to Savannah on GD 350.250 and A/A 328.500..gonna push .95 mach for now and check fuel mileage.
Still will have over 3k fuel at that rate into Savannah. CAP is over.. KC-10 on route back to Pease it seems.
Time to fire up my grille :)

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Marine One has lifted from Camp David.

POTUS expected on the South Lawn in about 20 MINUTES

TIS-B 278959 & 278C75 following the highway back towards DC popping on/off right before Gaithersburg

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
TITAN-25 E-4B 73-1677 last seen WB from UK after hitting QID KC-135 tankers in Med after surprise Afghan visit.
Around the World Westbound with Sec of Def... I'm sure will make Andrews stop tonight maybe with more tankers.
AR-20SW is Res for 0200z-0600z. 4 Hour window suggests for TITAN-25 starting 10pm local may see SPUR tankers up that way.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
AF2 Travel
At 11:50AM EDT, AF2 will depart Washington, DC en route Jacksonville, Florida
At 6:05PM EDT, AF2 will depart Jacksonville International Airport en route Joint Base Andrews.

Sec'y of State
Heads to Belgium Monday until March 25th

Last edited:

morfis

Three QUIDs from Mildenhall, 877/878 and 879, supported the E4 around the Med.
If the tracking sites show 'history' you'll find that the the E4 routed over France but the tankers went round to the North and back to Mildenhall.

Second set of tankers to support it for start of pond crossing were QUID880/881 (from Mildenhall) and QUID882 (from Moron).
880/881 departure slipped by 40 minutes so TITAN25 was going to orbit after meeting 882 to allow them to catch up.
880/881 also seemed to have a problem with no plans being filed with Swanwick. They asked for direct LND, were given GAPLI but the general emptiness of the airspace allowed them route East more quickly and meet the E4 around GIPER.

Currently have REACH354, C-17, to my East and heading NWN for a Scottish Oceanic entry. Out of Ramstein for Andrews. Probably the support for the E4?

00:45. Time to head up the wooden hills noted QUID880/881 still feet wet but RTB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.