• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Strange Trunked Hybrid System

Status
Not open for further replies.

altec

Hello, I've been monitoring a Motorola Type IIi Hybrid system that I'm currently trying to figure out. No info listed in RR on it. For Type I tgid's you need a fleet map to properly track it, Blocks 0-7. On block 0 and 4 theres Type I and Type II tgid's mixed together on the same block. I'm use to the Type I and Type II tgid's separated on different blocks. Wouldn't it mess up the Type II tgid's if I put in a fleet map for the Type I tgid's. If it did I would need to duplicate the same system on a different bank to track the Type II tgid's. Also once I do figure out all the proper tgid's on this system how would I list the tgid's on the database with them mixed up on the same blocks?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Wrong forum. Moved.

You cannot mix Type I and II groups within the same block. It may seem like there are but there aren't. The technology doesn't permit it.

altec

Strange system

The system is a Motorola Type II SMR system. My eyeballs have been watching the tgid's pop up on the bearcat for two months. Here are the tgid's Type I that normally come up. Block 0, 720 is the dispatch and the other people talking comes up on 704. This is a security company. I tried the status bits. It changed them to 721 dispatch and 713 other conversation. 6272 vs 6288 is the other oddball tgid's in the construction business. The tgid's in the Type II Catagory, 6160 never changes. Both coversations stay on same tgid. It is a tow truck company. 5712 is west side sanitation and 6096 is the eastside. 6480 is a another construction type business. Now block 4 Type I tgid's. 34880, 34896 and 34912. To monitor the whole conversation you need all 3 of these tgid's. Type II catagory. 36928 is a gas company. A another strange thing is that the local police use this system for a backup if there main system is down.
When they are using it as backup a tgid pops up and you hear a motorboat sound as if it was a control channel. You have to lock out the tgid with the motorboat going to hear the local pd. When you are monitoring them on backup its the exact tgid's they use on their main system. I don't know much about SMR 800MHz trunked systems but this one is hard to figure out. Any ideas?

altec

Discriminator Tap is next project

That will be my next project, figuring out this discriminator stuff. Not with the bcd396t though. Will have to have a secondary scanner thats not so expensive for experamental purposes. Thanks

ecps92

What is the SysID and Freq's you are hearing ?

Hello, I've been monitoring a Motorola Type IIi Hybrid system that I'm currently trying to figure out. No info listed in RR on it. For Type I tgid's you need a fleet map to properly track it, Blocks 0-7. On block 0 and 4 theres Type I and Type II tgid's mixed together on the same block. I'm use to the Type I and Type II tgid's separated on different blocks. Wouldn't it mess up the Type II tgid's if I put in a fleet map for the Type I tgid's. If it did I would need to duplicate the same system on a different bank to track the Type II tgid's. Also once I do figure out all the proper tgid's on this system how would I list the tgid's on the database with them mixed up on the same blocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.