Stream Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
I listen to the MANCHESTER CT POLICE on my GRACE INTERNET RADIO and it keeps dropping out,making strange noises and causes my radio to reset :( (It does the same i notice if i play it with realplayer on my computer here (It plays fine with WMP and my other players))

If the person who runs that stream could please make sure its sync'd properly,it would be greatly appreaciated :)

Thank you! (I listen with my grace radio alot and would love to hear it smoothly on that!)

Last edited:

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Well i can only think that my GRACE INTERNET RADIO has the same rendering engine as realplayer does because the issue happens with either.... (Im mostly concerned about it working right on my Grace radiuo since i listen to it with WMP on my computer)

richtidd

Database Admin
I listen to the MANCHESTER CT POLICE on my GRACE INTERNET RADIO and it keeps dropping out,making strange noises and causes my radio to reset :( (It does the same i notice if i play it with realplayer on my computer here (It plays fine with WMP and my other players))

If the person who runs that stream could please make sure its sync'd properly,it would be greatly appreaciated :)

Thank you! (I listen with my grace radio alot and would love to hear it smoothly on that!)

I have several of these type radios & the all do the same for some feeds.

Without getting a long tech discussion, the problem is with the Real Player in the Grace or computer & not the feed.

RealPlayer is not a good player as it has not kept up with the proper ways to decode audio.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Hmmm i wonder if you changed the codec to something other than MP3 if my grace radio would play it ok??

Could you test this sometime maybe please?? I really wish i could listen to it on that....

Try changing codec to WMA for instance :)

richtidd

Database Admin
Hmmm i wonder if you changed the codec to something other than MP3 if my grace radio would play it ok??

Could you test this sometime maybe please?? I really wish i could listen to it on that....

Try changing codec to WMA for instance :)

The problem is with Real Player.
Real needs to fix their player.

Sorry but we have no control what players 3rd parties use in there devices.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
I have often found the problem IS A SMALL MISCONFIGURATION with the stream itself!

I can play KERN COUNTRY POLICE (California) and most in the list i get when i search for "Police" without problems on my grace radio...

If you did a diagnostic check on that stream and the manchester stream,im sure you would find a small difference buddy.... Are you willing to look into this??

If the Kern Country stream plays fine and the manchester stream doesnt and they are both 16k MP3,THAT TELLS YOU ITS NOT THE PLAYER!!

If some play fine and others dont,then the ones that dont ARE NOT CONFIGURED RIGHT!!

I dont wanna make you mad,i am just nicely asking if you could show some caring and please look into it?

Here is the link for manchester PD (So you dont have to look it up)

http://relay.radioreference.com/686798824

Thank you

Last edited:

richtidd

Database Admin
I have often found the problem IS A SMALL MISCONFIGURATION with the stream itself!

I can play KERN COUNTRY POLICE (California) and most in the list i get when i search for "Police" without problems on my grace radio...

If you did a diagnostic check on that stream and the manchester stream,im sure you would find a small difference buddy.... Are you willing to look into this??

If the Kern Country stream plays fine and the manchester stream doesnt and they are both 16k MP3,THAT TELLS YOU ITS NOT THE PLAYER!!

If some play fine and others dont,then the ones that dont ARE NOT CONFIGURED RIGHT!!

I dont wanna make you mad,i am just nicely asking if you could show some caring and please look into it?

Here is the link for manchester PD (So you dont have to look it up)

http://relay.radioreference.com/686798824

Thank you

This has been discussed in the past.

This is a Reciva/Real Player issue.
Same for Grace because they are on the Reciva platform.

Real Player does not process some audio correctly.

The difference is in what feed broadcasting program the feeds use.
The can use: SacnnerCast, RadioFeed, OddCast, NiceCast many others.

OddCast for example is older program & does not use current standards like ScannerCast & Radio Feed do.

So feeds broadcast with an old program like OddCast work on Recive radios with Real Player.

Old designed players like Real Player are not up to date on how they process some audio.

This is a Real Player issue.

For those feeds that my Reciva radios (I have many BTW), do not play well I use a computer or something like Logitech Squeezebox with ScannerBox.

I have done my own tests on this.

I can run a feed with OddCast & it plays on Reciva/Real Player fine.

Same feed, same computer broadcast with ScannerCast & Reciva/Real Player does not work well. I get burping & resets.

The makers of ScannerCast & RadioFeed confirm this. It is a Real Player issue.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Well thank you for explaining it more :)

Do you know what MANCHESTER PD stream uses and what Kern Country uses?? (The Kewn country one works fine)

Ah well,i think i know what your saying now........ (Oddcast,etc)

richtidd

Database Admin
Well thank you for explaining it more :)

Do you know what MANCHESTER PD stream uses and what Kern Country uses?? (The Kewn country one works fine)

Ah well,i think i know what your saying now........ (Oddcast,etc)

Sorry but I do not know what broadcaster they are using.

Broadcasters can use any program that meets RR standards as far a bitrate & sample rate, format etc.

You maybe able to PM them an ask them although I am not sure what can with the info if they replied.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
It would be neat if they changed what they were using so everyone using an internet radio could listen :)

pork14

squeezebox radio

yes rr feeds play just fine on the squeezebox you can add the urls yourself or theres app for $10.00 to download for that radio that will make it easier i just add them myself cause its free

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
It must have a different type player then..... (Grace radios have a realplayer type player and some of the streams DO NOT PLAY WELL IN IT :()

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Someone that works with Grace must have tried listening to the stream and heard it didnt sound good because its gone from the radio directory..... (Just noticed it the last few days)

They must check the streams now and then (Which is good)

freewave

streaming

I have an ipod app called SR deluxe and enjoy using it,however I have very limited bandwidth 3gig per month. I was wondering if there was a way to squelch the stream even if there is a short delay.

Regards Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.