• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Stryker SR-A10 Magnetic Mount CB Antenna..... water problems??

niceguy71

for a few years I've heard such good things about this Stryker SR-A10 magnetic mount CB antenna

I bought a Tram 3500 before I knew about the SR-A10........ my Tram 3500 works very well, and I know many people have had the Tram 3500 for years and years without any trouble whatsoever.

but I kept hearing how the Stryker SR-A10 magnetic mount CB antenna was a much better antenna in every way.... so I dreamed of getting one someday... and finally got one from Stryker at a fantastic deal..... and it sits in my garage waiting for me to do a range test between the two antennas to see how much better the Stryker SR-A10 magnetic mount CB antenna is?
Tram 3500 at 56.50 inches Versus Stryker SR-A10 at 63 inches ( measurement of just the steel whip)

I belong to a few CB groups as I'm always interested in learning and seeing what others are doing.
I keep hearing that the Stryker SR-A10 gets water in the base and shorts out.... I read that quite a few times and thought maybe they got a bad one.... it happens......so I wasn't concerned when I bought mine 6 months ago

but just in the last month I have seen a lot of people complaining that it got water in it and shorted out... a couple guys returned it to Stryker TWICE under warranty and even the third one got water in it and was ruined! so they didn't bother sending it in again as they are looking for a new antenna.

again, reading 20 to 25 times that they get water in the base didn't bother me for the last couple years..... as 20 to 25 posts out of thousands is a small percentage.... but just in the last month I read someone having this trouble daily???? now I'm sorry I bought one.

anyone have a Stryker SR-A10 magnetic mount CB antenna??? and if you do, any problems??????

Backwoods40

I almost ordered the Tram, then started giving the Stryker some serious consideration.
I saw many of the same posts, and decided to go ahead with the Sirio P5k and ordered one yesterday.
The Stryker has some great reviews, but the water issue steered me away from it. (Plus I don't like the gimmicky lights).

Just from reading user experience, I bet you'll appreciate the upgrade. Hopefully yours is well sealed and you won't have an issue.

niceguy71

I almost ordered the Tram, then started giving the Stryker some serious consideration.
I saw many of the same posts, and decided to go ahead with the Sirio P5k and ordered one yesterday.
The Stryker has some great reviews, but the water issue steered me away from it. (Plus I don't like the gimmicky lights).

Just from reading user experience, I bet you'll appreciate the upgrade. Hopefully yours is well sealed and you won't have an issue.
let us know how that Sirio 5000 performer does for you... that is ONE TALL ANTENNA.!!! it's never met a tree limb it didn't want to shake hands with.