Stumped and need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyams

Been scanning for about 10 years. I monitor several Motorola II Trunked Analog systems in my area. I recently put up a new antenna and got a new scanner. I've imported (using the scanner's software) several TRS Type II systems in their own scan list. I have a thorough understanding (I thought) of control channels, ID's, etc, for trunked systems. My confusion is this: I have no problems with my local county TRS system. Hearing everything I have programmed. However, in two other scan lists containing entirely different TRS Type II systems in adjacent counties imported to their own scanlist, I am hearing talk groups from the local county TRS. All simulcast frequencies are unique to their systems. I have double-checked and and all 3 Trunked systems (in their respective scanlist) have unique simulcast frequencies and corresponding control channels. I can't find any duplicated IDs across the systems. Can anyone speculate what my problem is? I can't segregate these systems and I don't know what I am doing wrong. Gotta be a setting somewhere.

BTW, Using a Home Patrol scanning 3 different TRS Type II Systems in separate scanlists, but hearing talkgroups from system 1 in the other 2 systems. Systems all imported using Sentinel software with no tinkering with scanlists.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Just for clarification: you are hearing talk groups from system 1, while scanning system 2 and system 3, and not scanning system 1. Is that correct?

Sent via Tapatalk

jyams

Yes, that is correct. Still researching but thinking maybe it has something to do with the "Location Control" setting. Just found that despite thinking I had "location control" set to "off" for all my scan lists, some are in fact "on". Scanner is at home, but will verify that tonight and see what difference that might make. Still, I shouldn't be hearing talk groups across scan lists on different TRS sites even with "location Control" set to on for adjacent counties should I? But, yet, that could be the culprit.

Here's the scenario. TRS #1 (scanlist 001) is local county TRS Type II system. TRS #2 (scanlist 002) is adjacent county unique TRS Type II system. TRS #3 (scanlist 003) is another unique Type II system. Hearing some talkgroups (not all) from TRS#1 (scanlist 001) when ONLY monitoring scanlist 002 or 003.

So, tonight I'll tinker with this location control issue and see if that is, in fact, the culprit. Will post results here. Any other ideas are welcome.

Maybe this should have gone in a Uniden forum, but I still don't see how you can get talkgroups from TRS #1 in the other unique TRS systems? Even after changing the location control settings, seems like if it's happening with location control "on" it should happen even with location control "off". Maybe not. Stumped!

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Still researching but thinking maybe it has something to do with the "Location Control" setting. Just found that despite thinking I had "location control" set to "off" for all my scan lists, some are in fact "on".

Did turning it off solve your problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.