Sugarbush

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_bishop

New radio owner here. I took a look at the thread about Sugarbush from earlier this year. Is that all still accurate info? Trying to figure out my way around my BCD436HP, having now paid for DMR upgrade. Still not hearing anything. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Hello. According to the entry in the Scan New England Wiki, it's a four frequency DMR Capacity Plus trunked system.
The problem is, without the proper LCN, the scanner won't trunk track it properly. The system needs to be properly vetted (perhaps you can) using LCN Finder!

For now, you can enter in a single conventional system with the four frequencies. Keep the name fields default, so you can see the TGIDs.
The color codes will decode no matter what.

According to the SNE page, the four are 464.525, 464.675, 464.775, 464.875

Sh3rb3rt

New radio owner here. I took a look at the thread about Sugarbush from earlier this year. Is that all still accurate info? Trying to figure out my way around my BCD436HP, having now paid for DMR upgrade. Still not hearing anything. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

The info is accurate. I have not figured out the LCN. I have no clue how. I can still hear most transmissions by just punching in the frequencies as a motoTRBO system.
What software are you using?
I am using FreeSCAN 2.19 beta1 with a BCD325P2. However this software does not list your BCD436HP as compatible. I will read up on LCN finder. Please share if you find the LCN.

Sh3rb3rt

The info is accurate. I have not figured out the LCN. I have no clue how. I can still hear most transmissions by just punching in the frequencies as a motoTRBO system.
What software are you using?
I am using FreeSCAN 2.19 beta1 with a BCD325P2. However this software does not list your BCD436HP as compatible. I will read up on LCN finder. Please share if you find the LCN.

The old thread seems to be closed. I would like to add that I have heard Claybrook is using 467.875 D331 Not really interesting for me but may be for you. (This appears to be a low power simplex channel that is not DMR)

cmpsa

I had re-confirmed the Motorola MotoTRBO Capacity Plus trunked system at Sugarbush. Frequencies 464.5250, 464.6750, 464.7750 & 464.8750 - the repeaters are atop Mount Lincoln, Warren, at the summit ski lift.

They have 3 additional repeaters, located at a different geographic location on 463.4875, 463.8125 & 464.2750, at 271 Moulton Rd, Warren. This site is for fill-in coverage as Lincoln Peak had issues penetrating here. So you have 4 freqs at primary site, and 3 at this 2nd site. Now they all repeat the same traffic as they are both linked together. So if ski patrol is near Lincoln Peak or near the Moulton Rd site, they don't change channel. So I would monitor all 7 in my scanner, or software, as they are all in use, depending on radio traffic, etc.

The last 3 are in the SNE WIKI as "Future Analog" which has been wrong for years now, they are TRBO trunked.

ecps92

Always has been Licensed as Analog

I had re-confirmed the Motorola MotoTRBO Capacity Plus trunked system at Sugarbush. Frequencies 464.5250, 464.6750, 464.7750 & 464.8750 - the repeaters are atop Mount Lincoln, Warren, at the summit ski lift.

They have 3 additional repeaters, located at a different geographic location on 463.4875, 463.8125 & 464.2750, at 271 Moulton Rd, Warren. This site is for fill-in coverage as Lincoln Peak had issues penetrating here. So you have 4 freqs at primary site, and 3 at this 2nd site. Now they all repeat the same traffic as they are both linked together. So if ski patrol is near Lincoln Peak or near the Moulton Rd site, they don't change channel. So I would monitor all 7 in my scanner, or software, as they are all in use, depending on radio traffic, etc.

The last 3 are in the SNE WIKI as "Future Analog" which has been wrong for years now, they are TRBO trunked.

cmpsa

correct, which it was licensed wrong to begin with (as analog only). The FCC licensing vendor failed to submit it with DMR emissions as well. He was supposed to add the 3 new freqs to the original license, but he created a new call sign instead. I informed Sugarbush staff back in Sept 2015 the license modification was wrong. In Oct 2015 I submitted to SNE of the analog only freqs should be the same as the 4 DMR TRBO freqs. SNE never made the update. I'm on vacation every Sept of each year there around Sugarbush and have confirmed the two systems, synced together. When I'm there, I only monitor with my BCD996P2 scanner (in conventional, DMR search mode), so I don't have the LCN #'s, sorry..

sjaltavilla

Premium Subscriber
Good afternoon all.

I recall reading on this forum a while ago that Sugarbush had recently switched to a MotoTRBO Cap + system. If my memory serves correct, one or more of you have digital-capable scanners (unlike myself) and were able to pick up some transmissions from there.

Do any of you by chance have a list of some of the talkgroup IDs that are in use?

Thanks in advance!

cmpsa

I personally confirmed many times they are MotoTRBO capacity+ and the 7 above freqs are the DMR digital ones (for the trunked system). I'm from MA so I'm only there once a year. This year I can program it in as a trunked system (Uniden BCD996P2) and do "talkgroup search". In 2019 I only monitored the 7 freqs in conventional DMR mode.

sjaltavilla

Premium Subscriber
This year I can program it in as a trunked system (Uniden BCD996P2) and do "talkgroup search". In 2019 I only monitored the 7 freqs in conventional DMR mode.

If you could that would be awesome. I'm not sure if I will make it back up there this season, but even if I did I am still lacking the right equipment. I have had a Moto XPR7350e for a while that I could use to 'scan' the repeater channels conventionally, but without some talkgroups programmed it's useless.

Maybe I'll consider dropping 400 bucks on a BCD325P2 ... plus the extra 100 for the DMR upgrade lol

cmpsa

I believe all of the Motorola MotoTRBO DMR digital usage is color code 1 (CC 01). We just need the talk group numbers. I'll be staying there at Sugarbush over Labor Day weekend, and get my "talkgroup search" done.

Sh3rb3rt

Good afternoon all.

I recall reading on this forum a while ago that Sugarbush had recently switched to a MotoTRBO Cap + system. If my memory serves correct, one or more of you have digital-capable scanners (unlike myself) and were able to pick up some transmissions from there.

Do any of you by chance have a list of some of the talkgroup IDs that are in use?

Thanks in advance!

I am not sure how to program my scanner to lock in or out different groups based in ids. If anyone knows how please share.
The id structure however seems to mimic the old analog channel plan.

Id's 100-199 Administration
Id's 200-299 Events?
Id's 300-399 Lift Maintenance
Id's 400-499 Facility's?
Id's 500-599 Grooming
Id's 600-699 Vehicle Maintenance
Id's 700-799 Lift Operations
Id's 800-899 Patrol
Id's 900-999 Snowmaking
Id's 10 These appear to be private calls between two radios.

Claybrook ops are using 467.875 D331
Parking Crew is using GMRS 22/22 462.725 141.3

Hope this helps.

sjaltavilla

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure how to program my scanner to lock in or out different groups based in ids. If anyone knows how please share.
The id structure however seems to mimic the old analog channel plan.

Id's 100-199 Administration
Id's 200-299 Events?
Id's 300-399 Lift Maintenance
Id's 400-499 Facility's?
Id's 500-599 Grooming
Id's 600-699 Vehicle Maintenance
Id's 700-799 Lift Operations
Id's 800-899 Patrol
Id's 900-999 Snowmaking
Id's 10 These appear to be private calls between two radios.

Claybrook ops are using 467.875 D331
Parking Crew is using GMRS 22/22 462.725 141.3

Hope this helps.

This is great, thanks a lot!

Based on this info I would make an assumption that each group of unit IDs has their own respective talkgroup. Probably formatted as TG 1, 2, 3 or 100, 200, 300 etc. There is likely also an "all-call" talkgroup that every radio, regardless of department, is forced to monitor. @cmpsa may be able to confirm the TG #s with his equipment, especially now that you were able to provide unit IDs.

Sh3rb3rt

This is great, thanks a lot!

Based on this info I would make an assumption that each group of unit IDs has their own respective talkgroup. Probably formatted as TG 1, 2, 3 or 100, 200, 300 etc. There is likely also an "all-call" talkgroup that every radio, regardless of department, is forced to monitor. @cmpsa may be able to confirm the TG #s with his equipment, especially now that you were able to provide unit IDs.

It's pretty quiet up there being summer. All I am hearing is presumably a lift operator (UID:703) starting and stopping the lift for a maintenance work chair (UID:310) and the screen also says ID:3 which I assume means they are both on talk group 3?

A side note the UID seems to often correspond with the employee's radio call sign. For instance A snowmaker who goes by 9-10 would usually show UID:910. Or a Groomer that goes by 5-1 would usually show a UID:501. This is not always the case, especially with ski partolers who seem to grab whatever radio is charged and go to work.

Last edited:

cmpsa

I'm staying at Sugarbush this week, from Thursday - Sunday night. I'll grab what trunking details I can and report back.

cmpsa

spent all day listening, only 3 conversations the entire 9 hour day.

this seems to be the Capacity Plus trunked programming order:
464.5250 R color code 1, control channel/voice {Lincoln Peak Rptr}
464.6750 R color code 1, control channel {Lincoln Peak Rptr}
464.8750 R color code 1, control channel {Lincoln Peak Rptr}
463.4875 R color code 1, control channel {271 Moulton Rd Rptr}
463.8125 R color code 1, control channel {271 Moulton Rd Rptr}
464.2750 R color code 1, control channel {271 Moulton Rd Rptr}

control channel changes every couple of minutes, transmitting out for a few seconds, color code 1 on each frequency above.

Only talkgroup ID heard all 3 times was: 1. I have my Uniden scanner on "ID search" to find any talkgroups, and it displayed " ID: 1 " on all 3 conversations.

First conversation between 2 employees was a delivery truck needed the bay door opened. Second was one calling another to call him at phone extension xxxx, and the third conversation was one person calling another & got no reply. Today was less then 3 minutes of talking for the entire 9 hours.

no activity on: 464.7750 R (former Claybrook Inn analog rptr, licensed as part of TRBO trunked).

cmpsa

update, nothing really...

Sat 9/4: heard 0 conversations all day. Apparently they are currently closed, and not allowing mountain biking either. Saw 0 cars in either parking lot with bicycle racks.

Sun 9/5: heard 1 conversation, less than 1 minute, also displaying talkgroup " 1 ", same as others.

Each day confirmed the 6 above active DMR control channel/voice channels. So the system is there, just no one talking :(

sjaltavilla

Premium Subscriber
update, nothing really...

Sat 9/4: heard 0 conversations all day. Apparently they are currently closed, and not allowing mountain biking either. Saw 0 cars in either parking lot with bicycle racks.

Sun 9/5: heard 1 conversation, less than 1 minute, also displaying talkgroup " 1 ", same as others.

Each day confirmed the 6 above active DMR control channel/voice channels. So the system is there, just no one talking :(

Thanks for the information nonetheless. That should be enough where I am able to program my Motorola if and when I make it up there in the winter. I am hoping that by then I will have a trunk-tracking scanner that I can use to identify more of the talkgroups. Seems like it is a pretty basic system overall...

sjaltavilla

Premium Subscriber
So- the mission of figuring out this system continues.

I was up at Killington this past weekend for the Subaru WinterFest when I thought to myself: "hmm, maybe I could pick Sugarbush up from here". I carry a Motorola XPR7550e with me when I ski, and I already had the six Capacity Plus frequencies (mentioned earlier in this thread) programmed in. I also had programmed talkgroups 1-10.

Sure enough I was just barely in range of the system, and I was able to pick up some chatter on talkgroups 1 and 2. According to what I heard, it appears to me that TGID:1 is used for lift maintenance, with unit ID's in the 300's. I also heard activity from ski patrol on TGID:2, with unit ID's in the 800's. I was able to capture unit ID 101 which seems to be either a console or portable used by the dispatcher.

Cool thing to note- no encryption or RAS is used on this system, meaning anyone with a MotoTRBO handheld can listen in.

On another note- does anyone know if they are using Single-Site Cap+ or Multi-Site Cap+? I have it punched in as Single Site with the first three frequencies being from the Lincoln Peak repeaters and the second three frequencies being from the Moulton Road repeaters. I was able to follow the (very few) conversations but that doesn't necessarily mean anything... if anyone has insight, let me know.

I will try and actually get to the resort at some point this season to fully capture and log what I can. If anyone else is in the area, feel free to take this info and use it to the best of your ability.

Cheers y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.