• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Suggestions needed for mounting location, FT-100D in a Cadillac SRX

intuity

I have finally decided to move my FT-100D from my beater Nissan D21 and put it into the SRX I just bought, and I'm sort of at a loss for where or how to install it.

In the D21, I had the mobile mount just screwed into the underside of the center dashboard console, but I don't have the same option in my '07 SRX. At least the antenna mount was a no-brainer (I think) since I have an ATAS-120 mounted on the rear hatch door on the side, and the wiring run up and into the space behind the door panel.

I have a front panel extension/remote mount kit and clip-on mount that I can use, but I don't have any clue where the panel cable is at the moment, so if necessary I suppose I could go find it. The SRX has a little dashboard cubby with a flip door just above the glove box, and while the push to open is broken, it's not deep enough to mount the radio usefully, and while I can mount it in the glove box sideways, I'd have to use the extension kit and mount the controls elsewhere.

I have the idea that maybe I can mount it on the side of the console pillar, but it'd be really unnerving to operate it sideways, much less to mention the space incursion for any passengers. I don't want to mount it on the top of the dashboard, or from the ceiling in any way, it'd get in my way, I'd guess.

Any ideas? I'm out of options that are realistic, from what I can see.

TIA,

JB

intuity

As an aside, if the cubby above the glovebox was a few inches deeper I could mount it inside it, and fabricate maybe a front plate out of the door... not that I need another project right now, but any thoughts on that avenue would be appreciated :D

KD7RJC

What model year is the Cadillac? It looks like there are two generations of SRX and on top of that there are year-to-year and feature-to-feature differences that affect the sort of advice that someone could offer.