Summit County Marcs - Barberton Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I don't see any AGC settings under MARCS-IP Sys Options, nor under any individual MARCS site or Department. Quite elusive. Or is this something new with the latest firmware [which I haven't applied yet] ?

Keep looking. It's always been there, and I've changed it from the menu as recently as a couple of weeks ago, but I don't recall where it is and can't get my SDS100 out to look right now.

It doesn't help that the SDS100 manual is mostly useless. I'm pretty sure it is listed in the BCD436HP manual, so why they left it out of the SDS100 manual is a puzzler.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Keep looking. It's always been there, and I've changed it from the menu as recently as a couple of weeks ago, but I don't recall where it is and can't get my SDS100 out to look right now.

It doesn't help that the SDS100 manual is mostly useless. I'm pretty sure it is listed in the BCD436HP manual, so why they left it out of the SDS100 manual is a puzzler.

There is no AGC on the SDS100 or SDS200 - is on the 436 and 536 but totally different architecture.
In the 536 (Sentinel) can set on per system basis, the option is not there id 200 selected (never was).

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
There is no AGC on the SDS100 or SDS200 - is on the 436 and 536 but totally different architecture.
In the 536 (Sentinel) can set on per system basis, the option is not there id 200 selected (never was).

It was there. I distinctly remember changing the setting.

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber

Yup, when the target scanner is set to the x36 there is the option to set digital AGC on the system. Once I set the target scanner to SDS it no longer has the option.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Me thinketh you have BCD436HP/BCD536HP on the brain :) I see no option for AGC in the latest firmware or the one before that.

Nope, it was definitely the SDS100. I remember because a friend and I were heading down to Marietta to pick up half a cow from the processor, and I was fiddling with AGC because someone was yelling into their dang radio. Didn't even have the 436 with me.

I did do the firmware update shortly thereafter, so that may be when it vanished from the radio.

Wonder why Uniden would remove that feature? Stupid. Makes me more anxious for the TRX-100. . .

phask

Premium Subscriber
Nope, it was definitely the SDS100. I remember because a friend and I were heading down to Marietta to pick up half a cow from the processor, and I was fiddling with AGC because someone was yelling into their dang radio. Didn't even have the 436 with me.

I did do the firmware update shortly thereafter, so that may be when it vanished from the radio.

Wonder why Uniden would remove that feature? Stupid. Makes me more anxious for the TRX-100. . .

Was not removed, it was in the menu, but did nada... Much of the menu programming is same or from the same structure of other Uniden. There have been items come and go that were really nonexisting. Recent 200's ha battery display (no battery).

amanaman1

Premium Subscriber
Well I got my replacement SDS100 today and this one charges the battery like it's supposed to so that's a plus! I've been all through the settings and AGC is definitely not in there, globally or site-wise. Firmware on the radio was 1.04.01 and I upgraded to 1.08.05 and it wasn't on either. Whether it was intentionally removed from later versions or was an oversight who knows but it just ain't there. There are a couple options for AGC in the Sentinel profile when it is set to target of x36 but nothing for SDS100/200. Who knows, maybe they'll bring it back with a future update. Other than that the new-new radio is working great. I guess now I'll just have to convince a dozen or so agencies to train their people not to shout!

Status
Not open for further replies.