SURPRISE! Winter Storm hits with only rain forecast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
24 hours early the Winter Storm hits with sleet, and snow! Its now 3:47 AM CST.. I have an quarter to half inch of sleet and snow on the ground as of now here in Pearcy!:twisted:

INDY72

Public Safety is out checking roads, many slick and slushy, and with temps dipping to just below freezing with a full dose expected for tomorrow through tomorrow night, things could get bad.. Garland Co SO reporting half inch to one inch snow packing on roads now in Eastern part of county.

INDY72

Garland Co SO now bringing in all new cruisers switching to reserve vehicles due to roads being dangerous.. Also reporting that they will assist next shift reliefs to get to work. ASP and GCSO and HSPD say only safe speeds are 35 MPH and below or your sliding.

INDY72

Up?? I never slept last night.. Insomnia... lol. We got about an inch so far.. and expect up to a possible six by the time its over tomorrow morning. All the schools closed and side roads are dangerous. Interstates ok... Highways slushy and you got to either NEED to get out to get out or your just crazy! Heck, I only work up the hill and I may not even take that walk with this crap comming down.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
How's that Global Warming working for ya?

Here in Wynne we got 4 to 6 inches by 6am. I attempted to go to work but slid off the road - no damage thankfully. A nice fella with Tennessee tags snagged me out and I went back home and made snowcream!

It pretty much quit all the precipitation around 8am and by noon the roads were 95% clear. Then all hell broke out, AGAIN! We prolly got 1 to 2 more inches since 1pm, roads are screwed up again.

Forecast is for more snow with a low of 25, and only 29 for a high tomorrow. Gunna be real fun in the morning!!!

INDY72

Yeah its still an inch down and been raining mixed on and off with sleet and snow.. temp hovered all day at 32. Expecting change to all snow before long and then up to 5 inches more on us by sunup now.

Status
Not open for further replies.