Sutter County Sheriff Dispatching

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 15, 2012
Messages
864
Reaction score
675
Location
Sacramento, CA
I'm not when they stopped, but Sutter County Sheriff appears to have stopped using their Channel 1 (460.2250/210.7 PL) for dispatching and is now using their "Ops"/Channel 2 (460.0750/210.7 PL) for dispatching. I'm guessing they switched this month.

Does anyone have any information on the reason for the switch?
 

InteropCop

Newbie
Joined
Jun 11, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
Location
Sutter, CA
I'm not when they stopped, but Sutter County Sheriff appears to have stopped using their Channel 1 (460.2250/210.7 PL) for dispatching and is now using their "Ops"/Channel 2 (460.0750/210.7 PL) for dispatching. I'm guessing they switched this month.

Does anyone have any information on the reason for the switch?
Due to weather conditions, temperature, and inversion layers... they were suffering interference from tropospheric Ducting. A very irritating phenomenon. P25 traffic from San Joaquin Co was heterodyning with mixed-mode traffic from Sutter, and at times capturing the receivers of the subscriber units and severely interfering with communications. SCSO moved to “OPS-1” temporarily until the weather cools down a bit and atmospheric conditions return to normal. #truth
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top