TACN

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Why would it be non-standard? It's an ASTRO 25 system with the majority of sites being 700/800, so it likely uses the common (mostly default) MSI TDMA ASTRO 25 Channel ID plan. Unless you're visiting soon and happen to be in one of the areas covered by a VHF site, in which case I guess you'll have to either wait for someone to post the entire band plan, or figure out a way to capture it when you get there so you can program one of your myriad APX that you're so fond of showing off! 🤓

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The band plan was posted too many times to count in that TACN thread. 🤦‍♂️ I've submitted the table to the RRDB so it'll get added soon I'm sure.

18bravo

Why would it be non-standard? It's an ASTRO 25 system with the majority of sites being 700/800, so it likely uses the common (mostly default) MSI TDMA ASTRO 25 Channel ID plan. Unless you're visiting soon and happen to be in one of the areas covered by a VHF site, in which case I guess you'll have to either wait for someone to post the entire band plan, or figure out a way to capture it when you get there so you can program one of your myriad APX that you're so fond of showing off! 🤓
I know it’s not standard because it’s not working for a client. I run into this about 1 in every 30 systems I program. The band plan is always culprit when it lands on the TG and doesn’t unmute. This is on the 700/800 side not the VHF.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I know it’s not standard because it’s not working for a client. I run into this about 1 in every 30 systems I program. The band plan is always culprit when it lands on the TG and doesn’t unmute. This is on the 700/800 side not the VHF.
If the usual first four 700/800 Motorola elements aren't working, then something else is going on, because that's what TACN uses. 800 FDMA, 700 FDMA, 800 TDMA, 700 TDMA like the majority of ASTRO 25 systems out there.

18bravo

Yes but for the TDMA on channel 3 and 4 sometimes they like to change the channel spacing up from 12.5 to 6.25. Also sometimes channel 3 isn’t 851.0125 they change it up I’ve seen 851.00625 among other frequencies. Then I’ve also seen some funky channel orders in TDMA systems.
Like I said it’s about one out every thirty systems I program for clients. If you like I can send some pictures of Motorola phase 2 with totally crazy ID settings.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yes but for the TDMA on channel 3 and 4 sometimes they like to change the channel spacing up from 12.5 to 6.25. Also sometimes channel 3 isn’t 851.0125 they change it up I’ve seen 851.00625 among other frequencies. Then I’ve also seen some funky channel orders in TDMA systems.
Like I said it’s about one out every thirty systems I program for clients. If you like I can send some pictures of Motorola phase 2 with totally crazy ID settings.
There are always exceptions, however TACN is not one of them, so the point is moot. If your "client" has the common Motorola P25 700/800 ASTRO 25 ID table entered correctly, and still can't receive anything on the 700/800 sites, then something else is wrong.

18bravo

There are always exceptions, however TACN is not one of them, so the point is moot. If your "client" has the common Motorola P25 700/800 ASTRO 25 ID table entered correctly, and still can't receive anything on the 700/800 sites, then something else is wrong.
Certain talks groups (TDMA) are not unmuting. Anyways thanks for your help.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I get the impression that "client" in this context means someone he's setting up non-affiliate scan for remotely, not an actual agency authorized on the system. He's in the Tampa Bay area, nowhere near Tennessee. Either way, the first four elements are the same as 90% of ASTRO 25 systems, so assuming that's what's in the codeplug, and assuming that the radios are actually TDMA capable and provisioned properly...something else is going on. Could be something simple that was overlooked in the codeplug.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I agree but still with my TACN contacts I know TACN is cut and dried standard P25 Bandplan.
Well, not quite. For the 700/800 FDMA/TDMA elements, yes. The VHF elements are non standard, however, because there is no such thing as "standard" VHF band plan elements.

18bravo

I get the impression that "client" in this context means someone he's setting up non-affiliate scan for remotely, not an actual agency authorized on the system. He's in the Tampa Bay area, nowhere near Tennessee. Either way, the first four elements are the same as 90% of ASTRO 25 systems, so assuming that's what's in the codeplug, and assuming that the radios are actually TDMA capable and provisioned properly...something else is going on. Could be something simple that was overlooked in the codeplug.
Client was fouled up on his sites. Band plan is standard as you said.

radiocrazy123

I do not understand why people stick with M, and tippy-toe non-affiliate trunking scan non-sense. Just use a BK radio or Harris for crying out loud. Heck, BK will even give you tech support. M is awesome, but not for Rx only monitoring trunking systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.