Talkgroup Capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdsteelman

Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
Rock Island, IL
:roll:

What is the capacity for talkgroups within a system bank?

I have looked all night and cannot find an answer. Please help.

Thanks.
 

RolnCode3

Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
2,255
Reaction score
0
Location
Sacramento/Bay Area, CA
Depends on your scanner. A Pro-96 can do 150 per bank. A BC246T can do 200. A Uniden BC785 can do 100 talkgroups. SO, as you can see, it totally depends on which scanner you have.
 

vdsteelman

Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
Rock Island, IL
Sorry, I thought I was in the 246t thread, which is what I'm thinking of purchasing. So you're telling me that the 246t can hold 200 per SYSTEM or 200 TOTAL? I'm curious because I currently own a 250d which can hold 100 per system, and 1000 total. I'm still confused...please clarify.

Thanks again,

Ben
 

RolnCode3

Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
2,255
Reaction score
0
Location
Sacramento/Bay Area, CA
the 246 can hold 200 per system. You can program up to 200 systems (although you would max out the memory long before that with large trunked systems).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top