• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Talkpod A36plus 8W Software Problem

Nextel493

I know asking for software is an issue here but since this is free software it shouldn't be a problem I hope. I've been trying to download the Talkpod A36plus 8W Software from their website for three days and it always gives the error of "this is an invalid RAR file" so it won't install or even show files inside the zip. The file I'm trying to get is (A36Plus 8W 999 Programming Software V1.22 2024/03/28). I've tried emailing them to no avail so I'm not even 100% sure that's the correct software. I'm running Windows 7 so I can't use Chirp Next. If anyone knows how or where I can find the correct English version of the software I would be grateful.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
FWIW, I went here:

and clicked on what I wanted [for me, the last one, "A36Plus 8W 999 Programming Software"]:

Talkpod_A36Plus_8W_Programming_Tool.rar​

It worked fine.

I just put in a request to have Chirp recognize the 999-channel version.

Nextel493

FWIW, I went here:

and clicked on what I wanted [for me, the last one, "A36Plus 8W 999 Programming Software"]:

Talkpod_A36Plus_8W_Programming_Tool.rar​

It worked fine.

I just put in a request to have Chirp recognize the 999-channel version.
Thank you for responding. Here's what happened. I finally figured out how to get the 999 Software RAR file to open on my Win 7 PC. I was using WinRar and WinZip for days with absolutely no luck and EXTREMELY BAD customer service, or should I say no service from Talkpod. I found by accident, 7-Zip. That opened the RAR with ease. Chirp Next does support the 999 version. I was desperate to program my radio so I borrowed a Win 10 machine and it worked perfectly. Chirp Legacy which I'm stuck with on my Win 7 does not.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for responding. Here's what happened. I finally figured out how to get the 999 Software RAR file to open on my Win 7 PC. I was using WinRar and WinZip for days with absolutely no luck and EXTREMELY BAD customer service, or should I say no service from Talkpod. I found by accident, 7-Zip. That opened the RAR with ease. Chirp Next does support the 999 version. I was desperate to program my radio so I borrowed a Win 10 machine and it worked perfectly. Chirp Legacy which I'm stuck with on my Win 7 does not.

FWIW, I'm running a very recent version of Chirp next [2024.05.19], and it does not support the 999-channel version. I have 999-channel radios, but Chirp only reads, writes, etc., 512 channels. Are you sure that your PC is reading all 999 channels?

Nextel493

FWIW, I'm running a very recent version of Chirp next [2024.05.19], and it does not support the 999-channel version. I have 999-channel radios, but Chirp only reads, writes, etc., 512 channels. Are you sure that your PC is reading all 999 channels?
I misspoke. It recognizes the new 8w model (meaning it's on the list) but not all 999 channels, so you're right it only programs 512. I just checked my radio and sure enough, only 512 are in there. Chirp is very good with their updates so they will probably correct it soon.