Tampa Transcare on BCI DMR system

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

I'm monitoring it right now on DSD+ with 2 dongles and it's still active on the same TG 176.

ngel

Transcare

I tried to put this system as a DMR trunked BCI Communications (Tampa Capacity Plus) Trunking System, Tampa, Florida - Scanner Frequencies, however if you look at the frequencies something is wrong. Every frequency is duplicated and I think if you download from the database here it won't pick up the system properly.

If I monitor 451.975 & 452.975 in conventional, I am picking up Transcare on DMR with ease from Pasco/ Pinellas line. My guess is the frequencies are either incorrect or in the wrong order on here. I tried downloading from the database and manually entering in the system and I get nothing. Again in conventional those two channels above I am hearing them.

ngel

Tampa ambulances

another question that is related to this thread, does anyone know where to find AMR and Americare frequenices?

CanesFan95

I tried to put this system as a DMR trunked BCI Communications (Tampa Capacity Plus) Trunking System, Tampa, Florida - Scanner Frequencies, however if you look at the frequencies something is wrong. Every frequency is duplicated and I think if you download from the database here it won't pick up the system properly.

They're duplicated to show that each RF frequency has 2 LCNs, one for each slot. I know from using DSD+ that the first 3 RF frequencies (the first 6 LCNs) listed are right, but not sure about the others.

CanesFan95

Another big problem with these systems is that they're so damn dead. There's like almost NO activity. Why is stuff in Tampa Bay always so DEAD?? Why do other similar populated areas in the country have better and more radio activity than us? And how do these radio companies even make any money when they only have like 2-3 customers on the system? There's literally more voice path slots than there are active talk groups. They've gotta be losing money. And who is CHARLES STULL?

CanesFan95

They're duplicated to show that each RF frequency has 2 LCNs, one for each slot. I know from using DSD+ that the first 3 RF frequencies (the first 6 LCNs) listed are right, but not sure about the others.

Well actually, the 451.5000 frequency is also listed on the TBA system which was one of my submissions: TBA Communications (Capacity Plus) . So which one is right or wrong? Maybe both, because all I hear on 451.5000 right now are LTR bursts. Maybe these companies change their systems around a lot.

CanesFan95

Dang, I'm gonna have to submit some corrections big time. 452.2750, 451.9250, 451.4250, and 451.6000 are also LTR bursts right now, not DMR.

ngel

Dang, I'm gonna have to submit some corrections big time. 452.2750, 451.9250, 451.4250, and 451.6000 are also LTR bursts right now, not DMR.

I heard all those frequencies the other day too strong signal from Pasco. Couldn't find any systems that listed them already. Not sure what system they belong to.

tampatracker

If I monitor 451.975 & 452.975 in conventional, I am picking up Transcare on DMR with ease from Pasco/ Pinellas line. My guess is the frequencies are either incorrect or in the wrong order on here. I tried downloading from the database and manually entering in the system and I get nothing. Again in conventional those two channels above I am hearing them.

Thanks, that make sense. I did download the system from the Sentinel database. When I get back to town I will give it a shot.

tampatracker

Ok, here's my update. I'm getting the system now, but once the transmission ends scanner stays locked on channel. I have made a separate conventional system for Transcare with the lineup being 451.975 452.975. I have tried avoiding one or the other frequencies with the same result. any idea's?

CanesFan95

It's prolly staying on the channel because it's the rest channel. The rest channel changes very infrequently on this system.

tampatracker

Ok so is there a way to monitor this conventionally without this happening? I remember listening to the BCI system including T.C. with no problem from sentinel database download. Any ideas anyone?

CanesFan95

Well, the scanner is supposed to stay on the rest channel for proper trunk following (unless you're using a Whistler which don't do proper trunk following). This system is DEAD. 176 is about the only active talk group. Are you actually missing transmissions (if you have some way of knowing)?

tampatracker

No, I'm not missing any transmissions on Transcare dispatch, the thing is once a transmission is completed the scanner won't move on and continue. It stays on 451.975 until the next message comes over, then stays stuck on that.

CanesFan95

I'm pretty sure that's what it's supposed to do. DSD+ does the same thing. If that same frequency keeps being the rest channel (and it does because again, the rest channel changes very infrequently on this particular system), then the scanner needs to stay on it.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager

The site was entered into the database as Logical Slot Numbers instead of Logical Channel Numbers since no database standard existed before Uniden and Whistler released their DMR upgrades.

I've fixed it so it should download properly from the database now.

Status
Not open for further replies.