Taste of Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Starts Friday June 26th till July5th. Grant Park is where it's been held for many years. CPD has used City-wide 6 (460.250 -CTCSS 162.2) in years past as their primary frequency. City-wide 5 (460.350 -CTCSS 97.4) is used during the fireworks shows on July 3rd & 4th as "permiter control", which usually means the downtown area. Last year when the shooting occured on the 3rd of July, this was one active frequency. Zone 4 (460.150- CTCSS 114.8) is the primary Zone for the 1st police district which encompasses Grant Park. Look for hightened security this year. I know their is a low-powered frequency in use by the Taste staff , so if anyone is close, can search for this one.
CFD has used the digital frequencies in the past. 477.5125, 478.4625 have been the two primary ones. Have heard alot of testing of others in the past month, so it's possible others will be used...will have to confirm to update. EMS-North (460.600-CTCSS 156.7), EMS Command (462.975-CTCSS 156.7), Fire Main (154.130-CTCSS 156.7) Fireground (154.295-CTCSS 91.5) have been used in year's past. Any visitors may start there. Here's an article today outlining security procedures:

Cops reveal 'Taste' security plans - Chicago Breaking News

Map of Event: http://tasteofchicago09.cloudapp.net/Map.aspx

Last edited:

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
My wife and I will probably be heading down there this coming Sunday.

Thanks for the freqs. I'll program those in and do a close call search for others while there.

SSSG

:)

KB9LIQ

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Got there a couple of years ago but the only got to fly over it in CFD's helo. Took off from Navy Pier and got a nice tour of the downtown area

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Did my "tour" on the 3rd of July last year...view was like a zoo. I suspect major changes this year, alot of arrests for minor issues to "show the force". Alot of Commanders heads will be on the chopping block this year if their is a repeat performance. I won't be able to confirm any of the frequencies tomorrow, so if anyone wants to post their findings, please do.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Update

As previously mentioned, City-Wide 6, CFD EMS Command, Taste Ops. the three primary frequencies in use. EMS Special Events 5 (458.025 CTCSS 203.5) was also used due to some repeater issue with EMS Command. No digital use this year due to the fact some old Saber radios in use and their not digital capable. Happy scanning to all those that visit....

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Starts Friday June 26th till July5th. Grant Park is where it's been held for many years. CPD has used City-wide 6 (460.250 -CTCSS 162.2) in years past as their primary frequency. City-wide 5 (460.350 -CTCSS 97.4) is used during the fireworks shows on July 3rd & 4th as "permiter control", which usually means the downtown area. Last year when the shooting occured on the 3rd of July, this was one active frequency. Zone 4 (460.150- CTCSS 114.8) is the primary Zone for the 1st police district which encompasses Grant Park. Look for hightened security this year. I know their is a low-powered frequency in use by the Taste staff , so if anyone is close, can search for this one.
EMS-North (460.600-CTCSS 156.7), EMS Command (462.975-CTCSS 156.7), Fire Main (154.130-CTCSS 156.7) Fireground (154.295-CTCSS 91.5) have been used in year's past. Any visitors may start there. Here's an article today outlining security procedures:

Cops reveal 'Taste' security plans - Chicago Breaking News

Map of Event: Taste of Chicago 2009 - Interactive Map

Confirmed usage today as predicted. Very busy on City-Wides 5 & 6, EMS Command.

paperplate9

Couple days ago on Lake Short Drive, a car was pulled over by an M-plate Excursion. The (officers?) who were talking to the driver of the car were wearing dark green attire/almost a jumpsuit. Was this SWAT?

paperplate9

Sounds like State police, they have jumpsuits

But their truck had municipal license plates. It was a silver unmarked Ford Excursion SUV with lights & all (on the inside). It caught my eye since I had never seen an unmarked Excursion but then when I saw the officers, my curiousity was piqued even more. Anyone know what the Hazmat people wear?

KB9WUV

I saw these guys also it was CPD swat for sure.The same vehicle was parked downtown near my job and I went over to look at it, and inside the jacket on the seat said CPD on the sleeve

KB9WUV

Status
Not open for further replies.