tbg ACARS website

thebaldgeek

thebaldgeek
This might be new to some here, so just an FYI, I've updated the site and it now works better on mobile devices.

I've also expanded the number of pages to try and keep each page single purpose focused unlike the old site that had a bunch of different but sorta related on each page.
If you have any questions, please ask.
Check out the 'about' page for links to help you understand what all is there.

thebaldgeek

thebaldgeek
I am most active on X, cross post and am a little active on Mastodon, also cross post and don't have any activity on BlueSky.
I know X is contentious, but I find it to be fantastic and a very vibrant and engaged avgeek community.
As such I find that doing the odd Spaces (like a podcast) is really helpful. I talked it over with the listeners in the first few and we all decided to NOT record them as not being on record encouraged more open dialog.
I gave a Space a week or so back and made it clear that it was going to be recorded as I wanted a podcast of me walking through the website page by page.
Since X is X, I know a lot of people are not going to want to be there at all, so I have edited the recording and posted it on my 'users guide' forum post (no sign up required).
You can find the post here with the podcast all the way at the bottom.

As usual, more than happy to chat about the site or take any questions / suggestions etc here in this thread.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
If you have any questions, please ask.
Check out the 'about' page for links to help you understand what all is there.

I love the new site and everything it shows, but TBH I miss the old layout where it was easier to scroll through and find items and could sort by columns. If you knew what type of info you were looking for, but not the exact phrase, it made it easier to find.

thebaldgeek

thebaldgeek
I hear ya, I really do.
It was a choice between making the columns sortable and clickable or mobile friendly.
It is astounding the huge number of people that use my site only via mobile phone, so, yeah, I went with mobile responsive data tables and have been taking feedback like yours to heart and perhaps we will see a v3 of the site in the future where the browser tech and my skills get to the point of having the best of both worlds.