Tcsd - Deops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go-24

I had tagged this onto another thread in another forum, but it really belongs here. :)

Listening to this law enforcement division/agency is becoming more and more fun!

What is a stale ruby? How about a dry kelly? hahaha

Got 1S going to the 9 on the 6 2 in the LL looking to RT = got 1 subject going west on SR26 in the Left Lane looking to take a Right Turn.

I love listening to these guys, the officers all use code names which I wont give here but an example would be hack, skunkdog, striker etc. They always talk in code, and from what I can figure out I think they are with the Tippecanoe County Sheriffs Department - some sort of drug enforcement division. I have labeled this channel TCSD-DEOPS (Drug Enforcement Operations) if you know better let me know.

I havent heard them on the analog channels above for over a month, they now operate on a digital channel ID:160 on the Tippecanoe Public Safety System. The next time theyre working I will have to record it - either that or program it into your system and join in the fun.

Last edited:

bessiedawg

This is a great example of why departments feel the need to use encryption. They use codes for a reason and I think it is irresponsible to to be posting them on the world wide web. If I were in their shoes I would start using secure talkgroups if I knew that there traffic was being posted.

Enjoy it while it lasts. It won't be there long !

Go-24

Chill out! This traffic wasnt encrypted and the last time I checked freedom of speech was still partially legal in the USA.

These guys werent / arent trying too hard to disguise their work - "the big block of concrete with cars inside" isnt a very good code for a parking garage. In fact I found most of what they were doing to be a hinderance to the task at hand. (making quick decisions on which way to go for instance) More than once officers were saying 10-9 "could you repeat that" - more than half a dozen times in the hour they were tailing one of the suspects they lost sight of him ... In my opinion their traffic amounted to nothing more than childs play!

You are correct however, our rights in America are quickly going away.

bessiedawg

You both are probably right in that if they wree really worried, they would be encrypted to begin with. My original post was a little too strong. The point I was trying to make was that in our hobby I think we need to be sometimes be sensitive to what we are hearing and respectful of the info as to posting. I'm not saying that the poster was not intending to be. But just making a comment.

Sorry if I came across pointing fingers.

bessiedawg

By the way, does anyone know the status of Tippecanoe agencies going digital or migrating to the SAFE-T system? The last I was aware was that they had chnged to radios that were digital capable in anticipation of joining SAFE-T. Nothing seems to be happening though.

Go-24

No offense taken, I understand your point and purposely chose not to provide the officers code names. I was only trying to give those who might hear it a quick run down of what I had already figured out.

As for going digital I dont know for sure, but I can say that this talkgroup was operating on analog last month, the last few weeks they have been using digital. Thus I dont think it will be long ...

Status
Not open for further replies.