TDSB Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

facetha91

Hello everyone

does anyone listen to the Toronto District School Board Security department?
I was wondering about how busy/active they are and what type of calls they deal with

Thanks everyone

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
Welcome

Hi Facetha91,
Welcome to Radio Reference.
I don't listen to that group, but if I was in the area I would probably give it a try. Local/secondary security organizations (event and mall security for example) are often great sources of information not found by listenening to the police, fire or ambulance who often get dispatched and updated via MDTs and are un-monitorable. Security type units are more inclined to come right out a say what is happening.
Good luck! Give them a listen, and report back what types of calls they do!

pathalogical

If you're refering to the talkgroup on the Toronto City Services system, it's active but not exciting. Minimal talk, usually the time they arrive at a pariticular school for their night time security check. They report any findings such as broken window, kids smokin' up in an outside doorway, naughty behaviour in a parked car etc. If they suspect someone has entered the school, they'll request the police to attend.

uncleblackie

I can remember from the early 90's, a TDSB chevy caprice that had about a dozen antennas on it, all permanent nmo mounts, all uhf quarter waves.

Seriously, this thing put a lot of tow trucks to shame. I didn't get a chance to actually look inside to see what type of radio equipment it had, but does anybody remember something from the school board looking like that?
If so, what would be the need for the antenna farm, especially all the same type of antenna?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.