Testers needed for ScannerLive Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I'm good with the team I have right now - when it's closer to release I'll send out an "open" beta for anyone. My guess is that would be around the end of the month, my goal is to have this on the market within 4 weeks.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the good words!

Just a little tidbit on the priority function... Let's say you have Chicago Fire set as priority and the "scanner" is listening to a Bronx Fire transmission. Every 1/10th of a second, ScannerLive checks all 9 other feeds in your bank without interrupting the audio of the Bronx fire. If it hears something come over Chicago Fire, it drops the Bronx and switches to Chicago with 0.15 seconds.

No interruptions, and checks 10 times per second. Beat that scannermakers ;)

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Thanks for the good words!

Just a little tidbit on the priority function... Let's say you have Chicago Fire set as priority and the "scanner" is listening to a Bronx Fire transmission. Every 1/10th of a second, ScannerLive checks all 9 other feeds in your bank without interrupting the audio of the Bronx fire. If it hears something come over Chicago Fire, it drops the Bronx and switches to Chicago with 0.15 seconds.

No interruptions, and checks 10 times per second. Beat that scannermakers ;)

Do you have a ReadMe file or description of how this thing works? I'm not quite sure I understand how it scans among streams. I think it sounds neat, but I'm not sure. :)

Thanx.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
The first message should answer most of your questions... You set up what streams you want (a pulldown menu interface for RR, or enter your own) and then it monitors up to 10 at the same time. When a transmission comes in on one, it mutes the other 9.

If while listening to that one, the feed that you've set as PRIORITY gets active then it switches within 1/10th of a second to that priority feed.

It always monitors all 10 feeds in the background but has the volume muted, so you never hear more than one at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.