Texas American Strong Flyover May 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

We already had one here and SW OK last Friday.

kv5e

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
141.175 AM has been confirmed in other flyovers with the joint TB/BA aircraft operations in the NE. Might want to monitor that as well as other TB/ BA listed frequencies in the WIKI

Air Show WIKI

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Starting on page 68 and going to the end of this thread below has the frequencies they've been using for air to air and refueling. Though it is good to monitor all of the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds freqs just in case they change.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
More details are supposed to be provided tomorrow, May 5th.

This article has a little more info, including a map of the intended flight path, and the timeline for it. Not sure if I'll be able to see it. They would pass by my area off to the east, but if not high enough, trees may block what I can see. Once they go far enough south, around Midlothian, then turn back northerly, they be on the other side of the White Rock Escarpment, and visibility would again depend on their altitude & trees.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
So what frequencies should I monitor for this today? I was planning to program the Blue Angels frequencies in the database, but are there any others I should program?

rbarker

Robert
please post the frequency for the actual use. I don't care about refueling. I see the lists but i don't understand the Diamond, the solos and the start up. it's just a one formation fly over. I don't think there will be a need to refuel since this they can land and fuel.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
please post the frequency for the actual use. I don't care about refueling. I see the lists but i don't understand the Diamond, the solos and the start up. it's just a one formation fly over. I don't think there will be a need to refuel since this they can land and fuel.

They will not land to refuel, all flyovers have inflight refueling.

Blue Angels freqs used at other flyovers were:

You might also hear them on your local ATC and airport frequencies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Blue Angles Pre-flight brief live on their Facebook page

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Using 284.25, one of the 'Diamond' on the DFW flyover.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
They will not land to refuel, all flyovers have inflight refueling.
Yep, too tight a schedule for landing to refuel. They'll end the DFW flyover @ 11:35am, then the Houston pass is scheduled to start at 12 noon

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Anyone get audio?
I did not set up to record audio, but there was only a small amount of traffic during the flyover itself. The flight leader was advising the others to add, or reduce, power, also giving brief cues to making the turns scheduled or changing altitude. I did not try to monitor refueling. I presume they fueld either just before they arrived here, or whill enroute from the DFW area to thext flyover in Houston.

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
Nice job @tunnelmot music was a little loud but very nice video and edit with comms.

Thank you sir!
Sorry about that. I spent over an hour adjusting the audio between the radio traffic and the music. I achieved perfection...until I uploaded it to YouTube then the audio was all over the place. IDK what happened between final edit and upload. I agree it was loud and wasn't what I intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.