TRX-1: Text file import?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
EZscan has an Import Text file button, when I click it, nothing happens, nor does "Help" come up.

Does only they Clipboard import work? Or???

ecarvalho

You should get a dialogue window to select the file. I use that to import csv files

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Text Import - TRX-1

Yes, it works. You can copy and paste right from the Radio Ref data base TO a .txt document.
When you import it a pop-up box comes up showing you all the data. YOU need to assign a header for each category above them all or it won't save it. There's a scroll down tab to assign it there.
Talkgroup alpha-tag tone ... etc. Any category that has data in it you don't want or might screw it up you can assign "no fields" and it will ignore it. It should be successful.
If it says it was saved but you can't find it? click the "show unassigned talk-group" tab on the right then look for them. I noticed with the Conventional object import it has been saving things at the very bottom of the list. With Talk-groups in the Trunked section? it's been saving them in chronological order in between my other talkgroups already there. You might have to hunt for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

torishu

Machria, I just had this exact same problem yesterday using the latest version of the EZ Scan Whistler TRX-1 software, 3.4. Running on Windows 10.

The software seems to get in a state after awhile where certain buttons won't work. Help won't come up, Text File import won't work.

The solution, for me, was to shut down the software and restart it. I may have even rebooted just for good measure. Then everything worked again, help included. For awhile anyway.

Another bug I'm seeing is in "Talkgroup Details" for Trunked Radio Systems, I'll see my delay creeping up by .1 increments every time I look again at the data after changing it to 8.0. It appears to possibly only be cosmetic, as if it's sending the correct data to the scanner but only the software display shows it incrementing.

I just got my TRX-1 yesterday and I'm up and running great but the software is definitely buggy, Usable in that I've been able to do everything I've needed to do but be watchful, make sure it's done what you told it to before moving on to the next task.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
Yep, figured out re-booting fixes it. If I shutdown EZScan and restart it, the issue does not go away. I need a full reboot to fix it. But I've been working on it all day today without the issue, so ..... not sure what caused it.

But I found a few little things they need to fix, and emailed bug fixes. They also desparately need to add a simple text search to EZscan. There is currently no way to just search for an alpha tag .... ??

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
If you reference the application release notes over the past year, they somewhat correlate with threads on this website. Certainly, email them, but I'd throw in the ideas/bugs in a forum thread too.

I have a long list of bugs/inconsistencies/improvements for EZ Scan, but I'm done seeking improvements from them. They don't reply via email, and they aren't very nice on here.

It just seems really hasty & poorly done. I am not sure it is this way anymore, but you used to be able to keep adding LED colors over 4 and it would start to mess with other data on the object. LOL. For $500 scanners too.

Email me if you want to continue this discussion and my ideas for improving our situation.

The help/button issue seems to be new btw, perhaps even with the last app release.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
I've gotten a decent response from them. I've sent a pretty comprehensive "Suggestion List" with explanation, examples where needed as well as a description of why it's needed.

Help button new? wow, I guess EZscan is a fairly new product then I would think, huh? If so, that could be good because they are still working on it.

Will email.... interested in hearing your thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.