TFS Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Somebody from Toronto can confirm but I believe the dispatch channel is only available on the South zone.

SCPD

QRT
Somebody from Toronto can confirm but I believe the dispatch channel is only available on the South zone.

Mostly south zone but I've heard it often on west zone and a few times on north and east so I wonder if it depends on what halls are selected for a call. I last listened to it in December but I clearly remember seeing it show up on other towers but not all the time.

SCPD

QRT
Probably depends on which zones unauthorized radios that are affiliating are sitting on.

Totally forgot about that, could be. You would think when people illegally program illegal radios on a system they are not authorized to be on they would disable it somehow so it doesn't affiliate, I've never used the Motorola radios or software but I assume there is some way of making them receive only.

Out of sheer boredom I turned on my portable scanner this afternoon for about an hour and dispatch did come across all four zones but that I don't know is if it always comes across south zone.

For example if dispatch is sending out a truck in Scarborough would it still go across south?, I thought it's like a call alert except the robot is making the call to specific radios in which case maybe not always would it go out via south.

On another note and I don't know what thread to put this in so I will put it here:

Programing an older or even current Uniden on an 800Mhz or especially 700Mhz P25 system and find it's just not stopping on the control channel as often as it should?. Missing stuff?.

Take all channels or the four control channels, which ever you prefer, put them in as you normally would and now lock out all but the current active control channel in each site. It now has only one place to stop which is a current active data channel as opposed to hunting for one.

Difference is night and day. Wish I'd known " back in the day"

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I've found it to be pretty consistent on West and South. Fire halls have scanners in them that are parked on this talkgroup so they can hear what the goings on in the city are - I assume they're sending it over west because some halls in the north/west of the city can't hear south.

You'd think they would, but sadly some people know just enough to be dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.