• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Thales Liberty MultiBand Radio Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
It's still hard to comprehend than agencies could spend near $8K for a radio. For the users of they need to work and for public safety officials lives could be at stake. You would think will all the various manufacturers, out there prices would be a little lower. But if your Motorola or Harris it's all about the money.

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
I could see command staff needing to listen to both... (I agree)

That depends on the type of incident / fireground.

I have twenty one years in Public Safety. No one incident is the same.

When I started work at my current location, we had a cardiac inservice / Class -
" Megacode "'..... Like so many times before. Cardiac calls are most always different ( constricted spaces - lawns - offices - pools - stairwells .....ect). Car wrecks are different and police officers , EMS personnel, and Fire Fighters have all been killed on them.

Structure fires are for the most part different : propane bottles - fire on second floor or first floor - entrapment in fire or no entrapment - dangerous substances inside - simple dwelling on fire with no occupants - "'Flashover" / explosion potential - backdraft potential ..... And the list goes on.

Command staff can listen to both, or pass part of the burdon to an assistant.

Keeping track of an incident, anticipating additional problems , anticipate future fire behavior and spread , calculating additional / future risks to responders , preplanning future movement of manpower and resources , making decisions to continue or pull back.....and a long lists of other things the IC needs to keep up with.

Yes.......there are times and small incidents that the IC can carry and use a dual band radio, or set in a vehicle with the mobile radio on one channel and the portable radio on another and talk on both at the same time.

They may not need to listen to both......stress on " They may not ".

Public Safety is not like a TV program where everything is documented as to how it will start and end.

If they ( The IC ) do not need to listen , they need to be kept properly and accurately informed in a timely manner....what is being said on the radio channels monitored by others / assistants.

FF - Medic !!!

Last edited:

ff-medic

Banned
It's still hard to comprehend than agencies could spend near $8K for a radio. For the users of they need to work and for public safety officials lives could be at stake. You would think will all the various manufacturers, out there prices would be a little lower. But if your Motorola or Harris it's all about the money.

Note meaning to be "'smartazz"'but honest questions.

1) Does the agency really need trunking?

2) Can the " trunked " agency go back to conventional?

3) Can leaders / representatives get together and agree on one radio band?

4) What are better options than the $5,000 portable and the $4.5 million dollars "PER"
Repeater?

5) Is there another radio company that will help us honestly with our communications needs and will be aggressive with our radio system, without being overly excessive in costs?

6) Can a panel of people be assembled to discuss a good communications strategy and ways to implement a good radio system beneficial to the ageny(s) concerned?

If you need a Harris then get it if the funds are there? If you can use a dual band Vertex mobile then go that route. Don't pick trunking or 800 MHz digital if you don't need it or your comms survey says otherwise.

Flat terrain - VHF high band or 800 MHz
Hilly terrain - VHF low band or UHF

FF - Medic !!!

Last edited:
The "IC" needs to have the capability to monitor Fire Ground Operations as well as dispatch. Ideally, to prevent overcrowding of the primary fire freq, there should be an alternate duplex channel for the IC to talk to the dispatch. That way, when there is duplex fire traffic, it is between the dispatcher and the IC. The IC does not have to listen to unnecessary duplex dispatch traffic.

The fireground can change. Additional fire crews may be needed. Additional Ambulances may need to be dispatched. A Haz-Mat team may need to respond after dangerous chemicals are found. As I said before in a post, every scene such as car accidents , fires , hazardous material responses are IDLH ( immediately dangerous to life and health) to me.

Fire ground communications are not supposed to be complicated. One IC could have a another officer or assistant handle comms with the dispatch while they work on the fire ground channel. Also, that let's the assistant keep track of personnel and their locations, as well as apparatus locations and dutys.

Incident Command work is tough. It is also a tremendous responsibility, and it can be mind numbing and task an IC mentally. A description of one incident to a dozen fire officers whom was not there, would more than likely give you a dozen ways of handling the incident described.

Good radio communications, enough manpower , proper resources ( ex : ladder truck - rescue truck - EMS ) is very important. You have to maintain a good span of control, and / or ..... Have the people to help you with the span of control. If you overtask resources you can have a failed fireground, or fire fighter Injurys / fatalities.

Lack of communication or poor comms on the fireground can very well cause serious problems or a regrettable incident involving human life.

If you have the need for two radios......then you may....MAY need two people.

The fireground is noisy and very distracting. Not paying attention to detail and failure to be aware of ones surroundings could lead to a hospital visit.

Don't get too congested or " tied up" with multiple comms ( portables ) on an incident. Use another person to monitor outside radio freqs and to help with documentation / mapping of personnel and equipment.

The less tasking incidents on fireground, or " simple calls "'('EMS assist - simple investigaton ) the IC should have a good radio ( possibly dual band ) for adequate communications with multiple agencies ( Street dept - EMS - Police - Utility Dept - Ajoining jurisdictions - State &
Local O.E.S)

FF - Medic !!!

I appreciate the time you took to explain how things can be at "fairground," some of the things you mentioned I''m familiar with because I listen to the local county fire.

In case you're wondering I did take several ICS courses, plan to continue and become an IC when need arises (after training and experience as IC assistant).

Previous to the purchase of the radio I looked at several manufacturers quotes, and the lowest price for a P25 I've seen (lousy package- radio, antenna, standard NiMH Batt, basic charger) is $850 without any features, just the basic P25, and analog.

PACNWDude

Multi-band radios are useful.

I must say that in my line of work, emergency response (not police or fire), having a multi-band radio is useful. I may end up one week in Pennsylvania, and the next in Hawaii. I may need to talk to an aircraft on VHF and then a command post on UHF. Next may be the Coast Guard on 800MHz or marine channels and it is nice to know where I am with the GPS as well.

So instead of carrying several radios, I use a Harris Unity. Most places still keep an analog channel for inter-interoperability handy, so that is usually what is used. Do I need a multi-band radio, no. Does it make it easier having one, yes. Could I afford it, yes.

People will buy what is convenient to them at any cost.

Sometimes the tax payer gets gauged on a sub standard system, and sometimes they luck out and get a great system at a reasonable cost. In my case, I have a Motorola PR1500 VHF issued to me. If need be, I can get a UHF one as well. But for me, it is more convenient to have my Harris Unity.

There are some salesmen out there that are not telling the truth to potential buyers though. I have experienced this with the narrow-band mandate taking effect last January. This is where the buyer needs to get informed in an impartial manner.

Jim202,

What I found out from research regarding "Overblown, high priced toys..." and "I just hate to see tax payer's money get spent..." I can tell you that I've seen GSA and large contract (1k+ units) prices for single band radios and its almost the same (under $1k difference) as the Unity, Liberty, APX "multi band" radios without any manufacturer exclusive features.

One example is the XTS 2500/3000/5000 loaded to the same exact features as the Liberty, cost $3.5-5K, and another brands (Kenwood, Vetex, ICOM, RELM, Midland, Tait...) single band portable with no features cost $1K+ without any accessories. In the end all radios cost around $3K-6K per radio without any manufacturer proprietary features with the same exact features, warranty, software, and accessories (Rapid/advanced/Vehicle charger, AA Clamshell, High Cap Li-Ion Batteries, Speaker Mic, Earpiece).

"You haven't had to deal with... different bands trying to talk with each other..." I've been in situations that were operating at the same time in VHF and UHF-R1 and I know that you can't hear two conversation at the same time, and in that case one of the radios had to its volume lowered slightly then the other.

ff-medic

Banned
Previous to the purchase of the radio I looked at several manufacturers quotes, and the lowest price for a P25 I've seen (lousy package- radio, antenna, standard NiMH Batt, basic charger) is $850 without any features, just the basic P25, and analog.

For a basic P25.....$850.00 sounds like a good price to me. Especially when portable P25s are about $2500 dollars to start.

What do you need in a P25 portable? As long as it has dual watch, priority scan, and the ability to broadcast on P25 and analog.....I would be happy. The private citizen may not need those luxaries......but me being in Public Safety I do. Dual watch lets you monitor a tac channel and a primary duplex. Priority scan lets you monitor all agencies at a scene ( driving to / standby for potential mutual aid response / waiting at a staging area near a scene are some examples ) with out missing on important conversations, and info that the 9-1-1 center broadcasts on the primary freq.

I carried a Vertex portable for years, that I purchased myself. That radio went on a lot of Fire Dept responses with me , and EMS calls. It was built like a brick and even though it went through extremes.....it performed brilliantly and could be relied upon......like any land mobile radio should. At my job now.....we are having trouble with our Motorolas.

Our communication problems with our Motorola radios is becoming worse and worse each week. Transmission and reception problems, missed broadcasts, static, garbled transmissions, the famed " warble" sound during broadcasts, interrupted radio transmissions, excessive and frequent interference during conversations......frequently interrupting our voice communications. Also......what I believe to be intentional interruption of voice communications during an " event / incident " ; which reaffirms my opinion to encrypt our radio frequencies. Anyone with a ham radio, a frequency counter, a scanner with " close call " capability, or information from the FCC website can jam and
interfere with my agencies radio frequencies.

Whoever is interfering intentionally with my agencies two way radio communications......needs to be caught, punished heavily , and adequately fined for interfering with emergency communications.

And we need to get rid of our Motorolas and buy Vertex dual band mobile radios, and portables with AES / DES capability. :)
That I would think ....would stop, what I believe is intentional interference of our radio system. Unless it is being monitored through the PBX also......which I believe is really possible.

FF - Medic !!!

Last edited:
For a basic P25.....$850.00 sounds like a good price to me. Especially when portable P25s are about $2500 dollars to start.

What do you need in a P25 portable? As long as it has dual watch, priority scan, and the ability to broadcast on P25 and analog.....I would be happy. The private citizen may not need those luxaries......but me being in Public Safety I do. Dual watch lets you monitor a tac channel and a primary duplex. Priority scan lets you monitor all agencies at a scene ( driving to / standby for potential mutual aid response / waiting at a staging area near a scene are some examples ) with out missing on important conversations, and info that the 9-1-1 center broadcasts on the primary freq.

I carried a Vertex portable for years, that I purchased myself. That radio went on a lot of Fire Dept responses with me , and EMS calls. It was built like a brick and even though it went through extremes.....it performed brilliantly and could be relied upon......like any land mobile radio should. At my job now.....we are having trouble with our Motorolas.

Our communication problems with our Motorola radios is becoming worse and worse each week. Transmission and reception problems, missed broadcasts, static, garbled transmissions, the famed " warble" sound during broadcasts, interrupted radio transmissions, excessive and frequent interference during conversations......frequently interrupting our voice communications. Also......what I believe to be intentional interruption of voice communications during an " event / incident "; which reaffirms my opinion to encrypt our radio frequencies. Anyone with a ham radio, a frequency counter, a scanner with " close call " capability, or information from the FCC website can jam and
interfere with my agencies radio frequencies.

Whoever is interfering intentionally with my agencies two way radio communications......needs to be caught, punished heavily , and adequately fined for interfering with emergency communications.

And we need to get rid of our Motorolas and buy Vertex dual band mobile radios, and portables with AES / DES capability. :)
That I would think ....would stop, what I believe is intentional interference of our radio system. Unless it is being monitored through the PBX also......which I believe is really possible.

FF - Medic !!!

Technically, encrypting comms will not solve any jamming or other issues, because if they transmit in the same frequencies just to jam they can "step" on department frequencies with a high power mobiles, even though they can't hear anything and you won't be able to hear anything.

FYI, the 850 (cheapest) portable does not have dual watch. Even if the department buys Vertex they are essentially buying from Motorola either way.

SCPD

QRT
Note meaning to be "'smartazz"'but honest questions.

1) Does the agency really need trunking?

2) Can the " trunked " agency go back to conventional?

3) Can leaders / representatives get together and agree on one radio band?

4) What are better options than the $5,000 portable and the $4.5 million dollars "PER"
Repeater?

5) Is there another radio company that will help us honestly with our communications needs and will be aggressive with our radio system, without being overly excessive in costs?

6) Can a panel of people be assembled to discuss a good communications strategy and ways to implement a good radio system beneficial to the ageny(s) concerned?

If you need a Harris then get it if the funds are there? If you can use a dual band Vertex mobile then go that route. Don't pick trunking or 800 MHz digital if you don't need it or your comms survey says otherwise.

Flat terrain - VHF high band or 800 MHz
Hilly terrain - VHF low band or UHF

FF - Medic !!!

No problem, I guess some agencies just like to spend money on something that is really not needed. The vendors pressure them into buying them unfortunately and I hate to say it but kick backs don't help. How dare a tax payer question it, sometime the BS meter goes off the scale. (Hopefully I won't get into too much trouble with this picture, it's my favorite meter in the shop). Your point is right on.

Attachments

• bsdetector edited.jpg
    bsdetector edited.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 592
Last edited:

JASII

Memory Capacity
Thales To Discontinue The Liberty

Thales Defense & Security, Inc. (“Thales”) has recently made the business decision to discontinue manufacturing the Liberty Multiband Radio. At this time, we are extending to all our customers an opportunity to make a Last Time Buy of the Liberty Radio at reduced pricing. This last time buy period will end November 21, 2014. If you previously ordered radios or accessories through a Liberty Dealer you are encouraged to contact the Dealer for any Last Time Buy orders you wish to place.

This last time buy announcement will follow the prices, terms and conditions set forth below and does not relate to previous orders which have been accepted and acknowledged by Thales prior to the date of this notification.

Last Time Buy Conditions:

DISCOUNT PRICING & ORDERING DATES:
Please refer to our Last Time Buy Product Price List for a complete list of part numbers and prices of available products offered during this period. Last time buy order placement will end November 21, 2014. After this date, you may submit a request for price and availability to Aftermarket Support and we will prepare a quote based on item availability.

ORDER PLACEMENT AND DELIVERY:

Submit your order or request for quote to:
Aftermarket.Support@thalesdsi.com with copy to Nancy.Lassiter@thalesdsi.com

Discontinued product orders placed with Thales must be clearly identified as “Last Time Buy-Customer” and contain your requested quantity.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & DELIVERY:
Thales will acknowledge each product order via return email to confirm availability, delivery dates and quantity.

ORDER ACCEPTANCE / CHANGE CONDITIONS:
The discontinued Liberty radios listed in Exhibit A will be sold on a first come first serve basis until our inventory is depleted or the last time buy period ends, November 21, 2014, whichever comes first.

Thales will accept last time buy orders for the discontinued products as “Firm and Final”. These orders will not be subject to cancellation or termination. Thales will make every effort to fulfill your Last Time Buy order however, reserves the right to make changes in the delivery schedule or terminate remaining undelivered quantities of your last time buy order(s) due to changes in availability or for commercially impracticable circumstances which makes delivery not feasible.

WARRANTY REPAIRS:
Radios and Accessories procured during this last time buy will carry Thales’s standard one (1) year warranty on materials & workmanship. Thales will not accept orders for extended warranties or any warranty provisions other than Thales’s standard warranty. All warranty returns or repairs must be made under Thales’ current Return Material Authorization (“RMA”) procedures.

COMPANY CONTACTS:
For Sales and Customer support, inquiries should be directed by phone to 1-800-914-0303 or by email to:

· Sales and Customer Support:
Aftermarket.Support@thalesdsi.com

· Technical Support:
Techinical.Support@thalesdsi.com

· Repairs and Warranty returns:
Product.Support@thalesdsi.com

PREVIOUSLY PURCHASED LIBERTY PRODUCTS:
Thales will continue to provide Technical Support and will honor all warranty obligations for all Liberty products.

ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS:
Except as stated above, the applicable payment terms and terms and conditions of sale for these discontinued products will be the provisions in Thales’ standard order acknowledgement form.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Leroy Crouell, Director of Customer Support at (240) 864-7940 or via email at Leroy.Crouell@thalesdsi.com or the undersigned at (240) 864-7539 or via email at Nancy.Lassiter@thalesdsi.com

Kind Regards,

Nancy Lassiter
Associate Contracts Manager
Thales Defense & Security, Inc.
22605 Gateway Center Drive | Clarksburg, MD 20871
Phone: 240-864-7539 | Fax: 240-864-7526

PACNWDude

I feel a little guilty for this, since I bought Harris Unity radios instead. But at least my radio is still going to be supported by the manufacturer. Hindsight is 20/20.

I feel a little guilty for this, since I bought Harris Unity radios instead. But at least my radio is still going to be supported by the manufacturer. Hindsight is 20/20.

Don't feel guilty, about purchasing Unity. From what I have heard (dealer, and director) Thales has been messing with their dealers after they made a department sale (commission), and with customers directly (selling stuff that they don't plan to manufacture, which happened to me). Although I do like the radio, even though they have caused problems, but it does need some improvement.

I know that there are people interested in knowing more about the Liberty Multiband Radio, so here is what I learned using the radio and I'll try to keep things very simple so anyone (new to radios) can understand.

In case there are questions (people new to radios) regarding the terms below. Tx = Transmitting, Rx = Receive, PcP = Programming/Programmer Software,
Sq. = Squelch Tones, Tones (also speaker sounds).

The Liberty Radio Technical Specification (Intrinsic Safe & Standard) is/are;
Analog 12.5kHz & 25kHz spacing. P25 Digital & Conventional 12.5kHz. Frequency Coverage 136-174, 380-520, & 763-869 MHz

Radio Features: P25 Trunking/Encryption (AES & DES)/OTAR, and MDC1200, and Tier 1 GPS. (All features are enabled with a firmware in download/CD from Thales after purchase w/radio serial #)

Notes; Standard and Intrinsic Safe radios are Full Key Pad. GPS works in P25 channels & in a Standard Radio (not in Intrinsic Safe Radios).

Radio and PcP Max. Limits;
2608 Channels (Conventional, Trunked) in any mix. 10 Banks (Groups of Zones). 175 Zones.
600 Personalities. 256 Talkgroups. 200 Sites. 30 Networks. 16 Channels ID’s per Trunking System. 64 AES/DES Keys.
32 Tones (sq. tones separate from what is selected in PcP frequencies/channels). 200 Scan-list. 30 OTAR & Data Profiles. 5 Full Spectrum Control Channel Scan

The radio works/Tx/Rx between a Motorola APX 7000 (if it has 2 of the same bands as the Liberty and Unity), Harris Unity XG-100P and Liberty Radio if the other radios have the features (manufacturer) enabled and then through the programming software.

Radio Weight:
Two or three ounces (actual scale weight) compared to a APX 7000 or Harris Unity XG-100P (all radios w/High Cap. Batt, Antenna, etc.).

Battery & Charger:
High Cap Batt. does add a very noticeable amount of weight, when compared to the standard battery. The useable time for Tx/Rx on a 16 hour (High Capacity Battery) is about 10 +/- 3 hours. The 8 hour (Standard Battery) last 6 +/- 2 hours (batteries are Li-Ion, "smart").
The advanced charger is very fast, it charges in less or about 2 hours for complete charge for a 16 hour battery.

PcP:
Fairly easy, but it still takes some time to get use to. The programming software has the ability between “Normal” programming or “Multi-Mode” which allows for different CTCSS, CDCSS, or NAC’s for a channel that has the same frequency (without removing additional channels/frequencies from the capacity just to have different tones in the same frequency, e.g. 100 channels w/the same frequencies w/different sq. tones can = 50 channels).

Multi-Mode works in any mix of configurations in Analog Wideband, Analog Narrow Band, P25 (Digital). The “Primary" CTCSS, CDCSS or NAC, acts as the primary choice for Tx and Rx, the secondary works as (obviously as secondary) CTCSS/CDSS/NAC for Tx and Rx in the same frequency as the primary (selected in PcP & timed for xx seconds for talkback in secondary tone/s).

The PcP subscription (NO expiration date) it comes with all the software and firmware updates (unlike Harris Corp or Motorola Solutions which charge you after the subscription expires).

PcP Note: PcP & Firmware versions are NOT cross compatible other than one back/forward version e.g. 6.2v & 6.3v.

User Programmable Buttons (Side & Front):
Three side buttons are EXCELLENT when the radio is in a semi-deep carry case, and offer great flexibility for user selectable options (programmed in PcP), also the three top front keys can be configured to any configuration (Encrypt on/off, Sq. Tones, scan, Silent Keypad & much more, by using the left or right arrows) for added flexibility.

Radio can be programmed from the keypad “on the fly/go,” if you build a “Zone/s” with 16 channels max. (your choice) with the channels programmed into the zone with a “default” frequency (136.00000 or your choice) in Tx and Rx (set up in PcP).

The "Select Any Channel” from a different zone is good but it ONLY works if you use it as a calling channel, then change to a pre-defined channel. Then as soon as you change the channel or zone knob or turn the off radio it reverts back to it’s original channel as programmed in PcP.

Radio is Analog Wideband capable from factory, but you must request it from Thales Customer/Tech Support after FCC 2013 Mandate (comes in a FREE firmware update/s download or CD).

Analog Wideband Note:
There is NO FCC wideband permit required, the FCC narrow band mandate ONLY APPLIES to Part 90 LMR (Federal, State, Local - Public Safety & Any Business Frequencies) and NOT Part 95 and others e.g. GMRS/FRS, Amateur Radio etc. (if in doubt check out the FCC page for yourself).

Radio Access:
The radio can be configured in three different ways to prevent access/use. It can be configured either for programming (keypad) with and without password (default is no keypad programming allowed), and when turning on the radio.

Etc:
This radio is perfect for those that need to have the entire National Interoperability Field Guide “NIFOG” and don’t need Motorola’s Smartzone - Omnilink I/II, Mototorbo, OpenSky, EDACS,(Harris Corp.) or LTR, etc.

I could go on and on… explaining the radio, so I’m stopping here!

If anyone has any questions,about the radio reply below, and I will try to answer you're question/s ASAP!

Post your opinion/s below, like/s or dislike/s, etc.

Update:
Currently using a Harris Mobile Multiband Antenna which has 3, 3, 6dBi of Gain depending on the frequency for using with the Liberty and the results have been better then expected. Though its not cheap, I would definitely recommend it for use in vehicles.

Also using the GPS speaker mic. which is exactly the same as the Harris Unity Portable GPS in cold start time, accuracy, etc. and the iPhone's GPS (without Data/LTE turned on, from a standstill).

Yes, the iPhone GPS receiver works without 4G or LTE turned on, but it can take a little longer from a cold start depending on weather (cloud cover or traveling speed).

Would not recommend to anyone that uses their radio for work, buying a used Liberty radio older then 6.0v firmware (original from factory), this does NOT apply to radios that were demo units/manufactured with older versions of firmware. Stay away specifically from 6.2v firmware which have significant bugs that cause the radio to freeze. 6.0, 6.1 and 6.3x are okay to use, 6.3 is the best one if all features are enabled (P25 & MDC1200 + WB). When my radio did not have all the feature enabled it had problems and froze, but went away when enabled.

Special note: P25 Data was never finalized and sold. Programmer 6.0, 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3 do NOT have the same capability in terms of programming options.

Though results may vary for other people, this has been my experience.

Liberty Guaranteed Future Problems

ATTENTION anyone that owns a Thales Liberty.

As a Liberty user, I thought it would be a good idea to post this, for anyone wondering.
The list below is whats available as of July 13, once depleted NOTHING will be re-stocked and there are NO third party battery manufacturers as of this time.

Items below are in LIMITED stock:
1600691-1 Standard Recharable Li-Ion Battery
1600691-3 Standard Recharable Li-Ion Battery (Intrinsic Safe)
4102201-501 AA Clamshell – Black
1600723-1 Liberty Mobile Charger
1600701-1 Basic Single Slot Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery Charger
MA6752 Advanced Desktop/Vehicle DC Lithium Ion Charger Kit
40508 Spring Loaded Belt Clip
1600697-1 Leather Carry Case D-ring for Radio with Rechargeable Battery
1600697-2 Leather Carry Case, Belt Loop for Radio with AA clamshell
1600697-3 Leather Carry Case, Belt Loop for Rechargeable Battery
1600702-1 Nylon Duty Case for Radio with Rechargeable Battery
1600678-1 Liberty Multiband Radio Antenna

Special Note:
Only software features (All P25, MDC 1200 & Trunking Keys) will continue to be sold by Thales, after this.

If its not listed, its NOT in stock nor will it be re-stocked. This means NO; audio/programming adapters, wire kits, NEW batteries, etc!

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Special Note:
Only software features (All P25, MDC 1200 & Trunking Keys) will continue to be sold by Thales, after this.

If its not listed, its NOT in stock nor will it be re-stocked. This means NO; audio/programming adapters, wire kits, NEW batteries, etc!

All the more reason to buy an APX.
At least Motorola keeps a portable product fully supported for at least 5 years AFTER the last one leaves the production line.

"All the more reason to buy an APX." > I'll skip any day a APX 7K, NOT the APX 8K after first bugs are worked out!

"At least Motorola keeps a portable product fully supported for at least 5 years AFTER the last one leaves the production line." > That is what my local dealer-rep told me and Thales themselves, but I guess the manufacturer changed their mind giving the middle finger to their Liberty buyers!

Note:
Thales (TDS Inc.) is the "American" branch of Thales Group a French Government (State) - Private-Investor owned business.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
"All the more reason to buy an APX." > I'll skip any day a APX 7K, NOT the APX 8K after first bugs are worked out!

Then you can enjoy your overpriced French garbage radio that you won't be able to buy batteries for, nor expect any support from it's maker, if you so choose. Meanwhile, there's every indication that my APX7000s will be fully supported by Motorola 5 years from today, even if they canned the product line tomorrow (which they won't, because orders come in for them daily).

That is what my local dealer-rep told me and Thales themselves, but I guess the manufacturer changed their mind giving the middle finger to their Liberty buyers!

So why would anyone one of these white elephants? Conversation piece? Awful expensive doorstop of a portable radio you'll soon own. Meanwhile, APX radios are strongly selling, and the APX8000 will knock the competitions' EF Johnsons in the dirt. WiFi programming, super compact size, best in class audio, full bandwidth performance, robust encryption.

All I can say is Harris rocks, others not so much. That's why Harris is the premier supplier of tactical radios to the US military by a long shot.
prcguy

My favorite Harris radios are the an/prc's, which if I could afford I would get the clear version (I operate on Fed bands) though not entirely practical for everyday use in terms of cost. Do wish the Unity would come in a rugged option, but they don't. Who knows Harris might update it with Wi-Fi, rugged-subersible, "extreme" noise canceling, 3 mic's (that you can speak into), slightly smaller size, high cap batteries, etc to compete with the APX 8000. And a 110W multi band mobile for competition against the APX 7500!

Status
Not open for further replies.