The new Careflight Helicopter spotted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJimbo

Premium Subscriber
Just caught a brief glimpse of Miami Valley Hospital's newest helicopter N730CF. They landed at MVH for a short time, then left and put in at their Moraine Airpark hangar.

I happened to see one of their mainenance crew last week. He said the new helictopter should be going into service in the next two to three weeks. There are a few more things that need done to it.

All of the other birds will advance one number up. The current careflight 4 N63CF will be retired.

This new helicopter has a red/white alternating LED taillamp. No strobes, which will certainly denote it from the rest of the fleet.

jsoergel

Just caught a brief glimpse of Miami Valley Hospital's newest helicopter N730CF. They landed at MVH for a short time, then left and put in at their Moraine Airpark hangar.

I happened to see one of their mainenance crew last week. He said the new helictopter should be going into service in the next two to three weeks. There are a few more things that need done to it.

All of the other birds will advance one number up. The current careflight 4 N63CF will be retired.

This new helicopter has a red/white alternating LED taillamp. No strobes, which will certainly denote it from the rest of the fleet.

Hopefully a picture will emerge soon! Also interested in finding the new radio ID.

BigJimbo

Premium Subscriber
Turns out the new helicopter DOES have strobes on it in addition to the LED taillights. One white strobe underneath, toward the front. It also appears there may be strobes on the stabilizers, below and just forward of the tail. (similar to the BK117)

I know how much everyone likes accuracy in here....

I've not heard a radio ID for it yet on MARCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.