The only one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

majoco

Stirrer
Listening to my local high-level controller yesterday Saturday afternoon I heard him say to an aircraft with a rego rather than a flight number "You might be interested to know that you are the only aircraft flying in the control area at the moment". The aircraft was ZK-V something so it's fairly new on the register.

n0nhp

I pulled up my ADSB the other morning around 0600 local, NO Aircraft in range. I thought my receiver was broken. A half hour later a Fedex came in range and things picked up a bit.
Pre lockdown I don't think I ever saw the screen with less than 12 aircraft up. Now it is pretty usual to be in the 6 to 15 aircraft at any time. And my receiver sees the runway at the local regional airport.

spanky15805

The only one...UAL2769, over the conus right now. 60% of the air traffic, right now are box haulers and a few AAL, all the rest seem to be GA/helo's

spanky15805

Thought it was Forbes but now can't find the article. Basically said that with all the aircraft being retired, worldwide, it would take that long to replace all the aircraft, even if the MAX gets certified by the end of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.