THP and Win500 files

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
I'm passing through Middle TN and am in need of help knowing which Highway Patrol freqs i need. I'm confused about the Lowband BM and RM and then there's Hi Band Repeaters. I don't know if i need all of them or what. I'm going thru on I-24 on down to Scottsboro AL. I can''t find a map that shows the boundaries of the THP divisions to know what i need for each area. If someone has a Win500 file to share i can copy from to program my PSR500 that would be great. I do want the Smyrna and Mufreesboro freqs as well on a Win500 file if someone has one to share. I used to live in both of those cities when i was a kid.

I'm leaving Kansas monday on my way to AL so i need to get my radio done ;)

thanks

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I'm passing through Middle TN and am in need of help knowing which Highway Patrol freqs i need. I'm confused about the Lowband BM and RM and then there's Hi Band Repeaters. I don't know if i need all of them or what. I'm going thru on I-24 on down to Scottsboro AL. I can''t find a map that shows the boundaries of the THP divisions to know what i need for each area. If someone has a Win500 file to share i can copy from to program my PSR500 that would be great. I do want the Smyrna and Mufreesboro freqs as well on a Win500 file if someone has one to share. I used to live in both of those cities when i was a kid.

I'm leaving Kansas monday on my way to AL so i need to get my radio done ;)

thanks

If you go to the Tennessee Highway Patrol webpage, TN.Gov Department of Safety and Homeland Security, you will find a THP District Map there, which shows which counties are covered by a certain district. I don't have any Win500 files, but in Middle Tennessee, District 3, which is Nashville and surrounding counties are on 42.36 and 42.56. If you are traveling I-24 East, when you come into Coffee County you will then be in the Chattanooga District, and the cars transmit on 42.26 and the post is on 42.42. You will need a mobile antenna that will pick up low band signals to hear them. They also use hi-band repeaters, 159.090 in the Nashville district and 155.430, in the Chattanooga district. The repeaters used to be on UHF, but I think most of these have been moved to microwave and cannot be monitored, and some are on the 72 mhz mid-band in the Chattanooga district. The information in the RR database is pretty much up-to-date. Murfreesboro's main channel is 460.375 and Rutherford Co. dispatch is 460.200. Smyrna has an 800 analog trunking system and LaVergne is on Metro Nashville's Motorola digital system. Again, the frequencies in the database are correct, as far as I know.

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
the poster above me is correct .

for metro Nashville/Laveage coms pug in their TRS (the along/p25 mixed mode Mot one not the p25 they are not using it yet. )

and when you pass though Chattanooga use the TVRTS for CPD CFD and HCSO

if you can when your in chatt stop and check the 700/800 bands for new CC for new TVRTS sites

Status
Not open for further replies.