Thruway

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankees1013

I can receive those agencies but I’m trying to get the Conventional frequency for the Thruway 87 Which is 453 .4250 or453.5250 Can’t get either or

k2hz

Database Admin
I can receive those agencies but I’m trying to get the Conventional frequency for the Thruway 87 Which is 453 .4250 or453.5250 Can’t get either or
Have you tried "direct frequency entry" on the 436 to eliminate any PL or other programming issues?

Select any conventional channel and put scan on hold.
Type in 453.525 and push knob to enter.
Select "yes" to save.
Press "avoid" to exit menu. You can add name and other stuff later.
You are now receiving 453.525 in CSQ mode. Be sure squelch is not too tight (2 is generally best)

Bob1955

I Am Over in Northern Westchester, My 996P2 Picks them up fine. I Travel to the GSP every day and hear them well into Jersey as well. Check Your antenna to make sure everything is getting received correctly, then a common mistake is checking your programming and make sure you don't have them on Lockout or Avoid. I would also suggest going outside to see if you can pick them up.

It is and forever will be known as The Tappan Zee Bridge!
I agree 100% with you!

yankees1013

I tried everything The only thing I haven’t tried tside-by-side with another scanner Is because I don’t have one Can somebody try it today and see if it works ty

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Can somebody try it today and see if it works ty
I don't know why you keep asking people to "try it". Do you realize that pretty much no one else in this thread is in the Spring Valley area, much less Rockland County? Some are well over 100 miles away from you. The Thruway channels are working fine, something is wrong on your end. Find someone with a scanner to compare yours to, that's the only advice left to give you at this point.

k2hz

Database Admin
Maybe the New York State Thruway Authority isn't loaded into the database or you have the PL wrong.
That is why I suggested he try direct frequency entry and that apparently didn't work either.

Before he confirmed he was in Spring Valley, I though maybe he was up in Orange County and used to listen to the Thruway Authority I-84 coverage that went away long ago.

Last edited:

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Can somebody try it today and see if it works ty

I don't know why you keep asking people to "try it". Do you realize that pretty much no one else in this thread is in the Spring Valley area, much less Rockland County? Some are well over 100 miles away from you. The Thruway channels are working fine, something is wrong on your end. Find someone with a scanner to compare yours to, that's the only advice left to give you at this point.

Thanks for all the feedback I’m giving up maybe the 436 just doesn’t pick up the frequency (n)

Just like GTR said most of the folks that posted here arent from Rockland. I tried it on my 996P2 from home, In Westchester, and it is working fine. There is nothing wrong with the NYSP system. It definitely is on your end. I wish i could help more. The 436HP is more than capable of picking up the frequency. I know this because I have listened to it before on my 436HP. There has to be something wrong with your programming. I would go back to the top of this thread and re-read every troubleshooting step again and see if it works.

DaveFur

Different question- how are their mobile radios setup to receive the alternating freqs, is each division/zone programmed to automatically scan the 2 rx freqs as non-priority scan?

yankees1013

I found it in my database New York State Thruway on my scanner not hearing anything but Static all other New York State works!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.