• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tidradio TD-H3 ptt-id issue

Nextel493

I've tried to assign a ptt-id to a couple of channels on my two TD-H3 radios in "normal mode" and it only works when using the manufacturer's CPS. Chirp has the option to do the same thing but it does not actually work. Odmaster doesn't work either. But, using the CPS causes a problem as well. There is a 2 second delay between pressing the ptt button and the ID being transmitted, which mutes the mic during this 2 second delay. I can't find any setting for eliminating the delay. I'm using firmware version 240416. With my Baofengs, the ptt-id transmits immediately upon pressing the ptt button. Also, does anyone know what Call Code does? It's part of the CPS DTMF settings but I can't find any information about its purpose. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Tidradio TD-H3 DTMF Settings.jpg
    Tidradio TD-H3 DTMF Settings.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 7

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
Latest firmware I think 2407xx solves a lot of problems.

Nextel493

Latest firmware I think 2407xx solves a lot of problems.
I was very hesitant to upgrade the firmware because of some negative comments on Youtube, but I think I'm going to have to take the chance. Thank you for the info.

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, if you update the firmware from the Tidradio site *only* it xhould be fine. I did 3.

N0YJV

Yeah, if you update the firmware from the Tidradio site *only* it xhould be fine. I did 3.

Hello,
I just ordered a pair of these radios, the H3.
A couple things, I'm visually impaired, so I cannot read the buttons.
I downloaded the manual, and in TXT format, a screenreader does not reference which button is which.
Which one is the menu button?
And there may be a couple other buttons I need to know too.
I think my radios may arrive today, and I will charge them before I do anything.
I thought I'd update the firmware, but when I go to the company site, the buttons to download don't indicate what file I will get.
Could someone here please post a direct link to the page with the firmware for the H3?
Thank you.

Glenn K0LNY

Nextel493

The firmware update 240702 from Tidradio installed perfectly on both radios without any new problems that I can see. In fact, they added a nice new feature. Menu 33 is now a backlight brightness adjustment. Unfortunately, I still have the 2 second delay with the ptt-id and no way to adjust it. I'm hoping they will release new firmware that will fix it. I even tried transmitting on a frequency without any privacy tones but no luck there either. But regardless, I'm glad you lead me in the right direction in updating to the newest version 👍.

Nextel493

Hello,
I just ordered a pair of these radios, the H3.
A couple things, I'm visually impaired, so I cannot read the buttons.
I downloaded the manual, and in TXT format, a screenreader does not reference which button is which.
Which one is the menu button?
And there may be a couple other buttons I need to know too.
I think my radios may arrive today, and I will charge them before I do anything.
I thought I'd update the firmware, but when I go to the company site, the buttons to download don't indicate what file I will get.
Could someone here please post a direct link to the page with the firmware for the H3?
Thank you.

Glenn K0LNY
I'll certainly do my best to help you. I'm pretty new to this radio myself and needed help too. As far as the software and firmware, they come as a package. Depending on how you will be using this radio will, or at least should, determine which radio version to click on. You have the choice of TD-H3 GMRS, TD-H3 Ham or TD-H3 Unlocked. Some people are saying it doesn't really matter which one you choose, but I downloaded the unlocked version. I created an account for the the download to work. After that I was able to activate the download button. Here are the direct links for each version.

Link to the unlocked version:

Link to GMRS version:

Link to Ham version:

I will list the buttons exactly as they are situated on the keypad per line, left to right:
Line 1 is MENU 1 2 3 *
Line 2 is UP ARROW 4 5 6 0
Line 3 is DOWN ARROW 7 8 9 #
Line 4 is VFO/MEMORY MODE

Menu key is also the bluetooth function
* key is the DTMF mode and keypad lock button
The # key is your A/B button
The digits are shortcut menu buttons, but work for DTMF codes as well.
In DTMF mode, the menu key is A, up arrow is B, down arrow is C, and VFO/Memory is D

I know this was long winded but I wanted to detail it as much as possible for you.

N0YJV

I'll certainly do my best to help you. I'm pretty new to this radio myself and needed help too. As far as the software and firmware, they come as a package. Depending on how you will be using this radio will, or at least should, determine which radio version to click on. You have the choice of TD-H3 GMRS, TD-H3 Ham or TD-H3 Unlocked. Some people are saying it doesn't really matter which one you choose, but I downloaded the unlocked version. I created an account for the the download to work. After that I was able to activate the download button. Here are the direct links for each version.

Link to the unlocked version:

Link to GMRS version:

Link to Ham version:

I will list the buttons exactly as they are situated on the keypad per line, left to right:
Line 1 is MENU 1 2 3 *
Line 2 is UP ARROW 4 5 6 0
Line 3 is DOWN ARROW 7 8 9 #
Line 4 is VFO/MEMORY MODE

Menu key is also the bluetooth function
* key is the DTMF mode and keypad lock button
The # key is your A/B button
The digits are shortcut menu buttons, but work for DTMF codes as well.
In DTMF mode, the menu key is A, up arrow is B, down arrow is C, and VFO/Memory is D

I know this was long winded but I wanted to detail it as much as possible for you.
Thank you for that.
Another question:
I'm trying to program in my local repeater, and I must have the CTCSS wrong.
I press menu 13 menu
and punch in 1318 menu
but it does not key up the repeater.
I have my other radio set to the input freq, and I can hear it on the input frequency, but the CTCSS must not be right.
I cannot read the screen, so I'm wondering, do I need to arrow to 131.8, or can I just punch in 1318?
Thanks

Glenn K0LNY

Nextel493

Thank you for that.
Another question:
I'm trying to program in my local repeater, and I must have the CTCSS wrong.
I press menu 13 menu
and punch in 1318 menu
but it does not key up the repeater.
I have my other radio set to the input freq, and I can hear it on the input frequency, but the CTCSS must not be right.
I cannot read the screen, so I'm wondering, do I need to arrow to 131.8, or can I just punch in 1318?
Thanks

Glenn K0LNY
Now that's a good question because I also have a very hard time manually entering the codes and offset. I was trying to do it just two days ago and was getting extremely frustrated. It just wouldn't save the settings for some reason. I managed to do it, but I have no idea how I finally got it to work. I've done this on my Baofengs many times without trouble. For some reason the TD-H3 is different. In order to answer your question, I will need a little time to play around with it and figure out how to do it correctly the first time around. I will get back to you as soon as I figure out Tidradio's logic.

Nextel493

Now that's a good question because I also have a very hard time manually entering the codes and offset. I was trying to do it just two days ago and was getting extremely frustrated. It just wouldn't save the settings for some reason. I managed to do it, but I have no idea how I finally got it to work. I've done this on my Baofengs many times without trouble. For some reason the TD-H3 is different. In order to answer your question, I will need a little time to play around with it and figure out how to do it correctly the first time around. I will get back to you as soon as I figure out Tidradio's logic.
Okay, I spent a little time with the radio and it seems to work just fine using the up and down arrow keys for all of your settings. I don't know why it worked fine this time, but it did. I will say this, I'm now using the upgraded firmware version 240702 which is the newest available firmware at this point. When I tried the other day, I was using the old firmware. That could possibly be the reason. Hope this helps.

N0YJV

Okay, I spent a little time with the radio and it seems to work just fine using the up and down arrow keys for all of your settings. I don't know why it worked fine this time, but it did. I will say this, I'm now using the upgraded firmware version 240702 which is the newest available firmware at this point. When I tried the other day, I was using the old firmware. That could possibly be the reason. Hope this helps.
Hi,
I wondered if up and down would select CTCSS tones.
Question:
Does it always start on none, or on the one that was last used?
And if it starts on none, can you tell me how many up arrows I need to press to get to 131.8?
Thanks.

Glenn K0LNY

Nextel493

Hi,
I wondered if up and down would select CTCSS tones.
Question:
Does it always start on none, or on the one that was last used?
And if it starts on none, can you tell me how many up arrows I need to press to get to 131.8?
Thanks.

Glenn K0LNY
It takes 21 up arrows to get to 131.8. I just tried programming two repeaters and the second repeater started at the same ctcss tone you used on the previous one. So I turned the radio off and back on to start over. It was still on the previous tone rather than off.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
I was going to post the 8/17 firmware but Watton beat me to it. I got this the other day and it's working fine for me. BTW, I was able to use USB-C to update the firmware just fine. I hate the 2-pin programming cables.

scsi

Thanks for sharing this, I just got the TD-H3 yesterday and flashed the only website available H3_240625 and was getting frustrated at "why can't I make this work??" - simple things like the MENU+3 or long-press-3 would simply not scan in CH mode at all, period. Using this 8/17 firmware fixed at least 3 bugs like that I ran into and works great so far (and it changes the power on sound to be nicer :) ). Much appreciated.

mm9351

Hi everyone, I just received my TD-H3 yesterday and everything seems to be working fine. I have the stock firmware 240416. Should I upgrade to the 240625 or 240817? The scan feature works fine on a 'long press 3' and I was able to program using the BT as well as chirp.

Also, has anyone noticed that the bottom row of buttons, down arrow, 7, 8, 9, # do not have any backlighting? Most likely blocked by internal components. Yet the two upper rows of buttons are well lit. Probably just a minor design flaw. OBTW, this is the "crystal clear" case.

Overall, very impressed with the H3. Thanks for your replies.

Last edited:

scsi

Should I upgrade to the 240625 or 240817?
Speaking only for myself, sample size 1, I was getting frustrated with 6/25 "why doesn't this work?!" and am thankful the 8/17 update was shared in this thread. Since applying it I've had no problems yet found and received feedback on the local repeater channel I was sounding crystal clear with no hiss or background noise when transmitting (using the 771 whip antenna). $0.02 hth

mm9351

OK, so I followed the good advice on this thread and upgraded to 240817!

So far everything is in good order. Looks like mic gain settings, screen brightness, and screen on time have new or better menu options along with clearer reception. Thanks to everyone who has recommended this new firmware. I had some connectivity issues with the com port, as the updater software for some reason only has setting up to com port 9, and the TD-H3 installed on port 10 or higher. I needed to clear all com ports to get the assigned com port at 9. And then the little trick about turning the radio "on" (while holding PTT) after clicking the "start" button. :). Mission accomplished.