• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-2313 FleetSync Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccfd40

Feed Provider
We recently got several of the Kenwood TK-2312 radios. I have always done our programming & have a good understanding or that side of things but the fleetsync is causing me stress!

First, we have never used fleetsync before. What I want them to do is when "radio 1" is talking, "radio 1" is displayed on all the other radios. Thats all! I do not want texting, gps or anything else!

Now, I do have it working BUT, what do I do when I have over 100 of these that I want to do this?

What I have done for the first 100 is:
1. set the FLEET (OWN) to 343
2. set the ID (OWN) to 1001 & up for each radio. For example, 1001 would be "CHIEF 1", 1002 would be "CHIEF 2", ect.

The only change I have made programming each radio is to change the ID (OWN) to whatever ID I want that radio to be.

How do I add over a 100 ID's within one fleet?

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
You can have 4000 "Own ID"s (1000-4999) and if the receiving radio has caller ID turned on it will display this number. Now if you put a unit in the ID list the display will change from ID number to whatever you have as a name automatically, as you have found out. This is called aliasing and you have a 100 unit limit to this function no matter which fleet and own IDs you put in there. Sorry.

The only thing I can think of is to correlate some of the own IDs to say an apparatus number or some identifier and leave the ID list for the weird ones like "Chief" or "Mudrucker".

To rub salt in the wound, the new digital radios(NXDN) can be programmed with an alias name and be sent out as the radio TRANSMITS. Now you can have as many names as you have radios, no maintaining an ID list at the receiving end. Pretty neat!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.