• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-5810H Keyloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmorrill22

I'm currently running into issues trying to update the key in a few TK-5810s. I'm using KPG-114DE, connected via the control head mic port by USB cable. I have also tried this using the KPG-43 serial cable to no avail. For background, I have successfully loaded keys into these units before using this method, but updating the key is not working. After selecting the correct com port, I get a "Check connection" message each time I try to write the key to the radio. I have successfully updated the keys on several TK-5320s as well as a TK-5820. Am I forgetting a step or missing something? Do these units need to be zeroized before loading new keys?

Thanks,
Doug

dmorrill22

I zeroized the radio and still had no success. Didn't think that would affect any connection issue but I'm at a loss as to what else may be preventing this from working

dmorrill22

I am. The screen shows "Key Load" mode when I power on this way, but both the usb and serial cables aren't having any luck.

dmorrill22

I know there is the KPG-94 for use with a KVL, but aside from that the only other cable I'm aware of is the KPG-43 usb and serial variants.

Status
Not open for further replies.