TN ANG Mil-Air Knoxville (TYS) HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Prove it and give your location! LTR is not what the military uses. Maybe u mean LMR. But LTR is a trunking system where you have to put each freq in logical order before a scanner will trunk properly. TN doesn't have the money for their sorry ANG to have a trunking system. Or maybe they just don't give a damn about Nashville. Alrighty then enjoy as be glad you don't live here. God I HATE living jbNashville. Middle Tn sucks!!

Toad_77

I mean LTR as in here's the system specifics from the RR d-base:

Tennessee Air National Guard McGhee Tyson Trunking System, Alcoa, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies

This is the first time I have ever seen an LTR system in fed/gov use but that's what it is. If you don't believe it take a weekend drive but I recommend the first weekend of the month otherwise it's pretty boring listening.

I'm currently monitoring the system with a BCD996XT

I'm in the immediate area of the airport on business for a few more weeks.

gsquared18

Premium Subscriber
I know this thread hasn't been touched in a while but I have a Uniden 396XT, live in West Knoxville about 15 miles from TYS. I constantly see KC-130s training overhead and also see a fair share of Kiowas flying to and from Oak Ridge. On most weekends, I'm almost always around TYS with my 11 year old son on our way into the mountains. Our favorite thing to do is drive by Tac Air and pray we see fighter jets. We are HUGE fighter jet fanatics. I wish I knew someone at Tac Air who would let us know when their about to take off:) Then I could see if "Close Call" actually works while they're doing their flight checks on the tarmac.

Anyway, I've never monitored milcoms because I was always under the assumption they were encrypted. So now that I know about them, does anyone have a list of working frequencies I can put in my radio? The OP (Jeff) mentioned he had 50 or so frequencies which would be a great start. I do have all the frequencies ranges you all mentioned in this thread but living and working in West Knoxville means I'm kinda outside the zone and I really haven't had any hits while scanning. So anything would help.

Thanks,
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.