Took the plunge on a BCT15X

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetyobc

I just took the plunge on a BCT15X. Had a BCTT15 a couple years ago and it was a nice radio.

I was debating between the 15X, 346XT, and a couple others. Mainly down to the 15 and the 346. I am mainly an HT kinda fella, but the 346 lacked Mil-Air so I went with the BCT15X for my base scanner. Will probably use the stock antenna for a while. I have a Scantenna that I will put up sometime or another. I plan on putting it in the attic, but haven't had the time.

Sure wish there was programming software for the Mac :)

CStarr59

Very nice, I was researching one a few days ago. Waiting on some funds in the next few weeks and would like to get one then. How are you going to program it with a "mac" by hand? That scanner has a lot of very nice features and I think it would look real nice next to my 346XT. Let us know how you make out with it, we need a review!

safetyobc

I have Windows on my Mac. I can use Windows through Boot Camp or VM Ware running Windows virtually (which is what I usually do). I will likely use Free Scan to program it.

I have a BCD396XT and a PSR-500. So I didn't NEED another handheld, but I really like them. But I wanted a base scanner and an analog is all I needed for now so I went with the BCT15X. I have an awesome stand that was built for me that holds 1 base / mobile, and up to 3 handhelds on top of the base. I'll post a pic once I get the new 15X.

CStarr59

I'd be interested in seeing your scanner stand, sounds very interesting. I often thought about something like that just for the safety of the scanners and the shear utility of it. Freescan is what I use and I've had good success with it. I tried a 30 day trial of ARC, but it seems freescan was easier for me to use and understand. Good luck with you BCT15X :)

SCPD

QRT
I just took the plunge on a BCT15X. Had a BCTT15 a couple years ago and it was a nice radio.

I was debating between the 15X, 346XT, and a couple others. Mainly down to the 15 and the 346. I am mainly an HT kinda fella, but the 346 lacked Mil-Air so I went with the BCT15X for my base scanner. Will probably use the stock antenna for a while. I have a Scantenna that I will put up sometime or another. I plan on putting it in the attic, but haven't had the time.

Sure wish there was programming software for the Mac :)

If you have snow leopard there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.