TPD Emergency Dispatch Patch Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
Tonight while listening to TPD, dispatch said "All units stand by for a armed robbery"
(It was the armed robbery of a Walgreens.)

I usually then hear the tone with the first dispatch on +3 from the main sub-fleets A, D & G
Tonight I didn't hear the emergency-tone patched dispatch at all, and this has happened before.

I have two scanners, one at my office and at my home. My home scanner,the Uniden BC898T,
is new to me, and am not sure how to "search" for the correct ID.

Would anyone be kind enough to help me with this issue, (ie knowing what ID (s) to input to hear the actual patched dispatch? (As I no longer hear anything on +3 of each main side sub-fleet

Thanks so much! R. Katz / Tulsa, OK

UTLNOK

Premium Subscriber
Tonight while listening to TPD, dispatch said "All units stand by for a armed robbery"
(It was the armed robbery of a Walgreens.)

I usually then hear the tone with the first dispatch on +3 from the main sub-fleets A, D & G
Tonight I didn't hear the emergency-tone patched dispatch at all, and this has happened before.

I have two scanners, one at my office and at my home. My home scanner,the Uniden BC898T,
is new to me, and am not sure how to "search" for the correct ID.

Would anyone be kind enough to help me with this issue, (ie knowing what ID (s) to input to hear the actual patched dispatch? (As I no longer hear anything on +3 of each main side sub-fleet

Thanks so much! R. Katz / Tulsa, OK

Not sure if it helps you any, but they seem to tone things out on several TGID's, I've heard them tone on SID (7-N), as well as Street Crimes (7-0), sometimes on a utility TGID...seems like if your not listening to the one they are using, you miss the first half of the call...I'm still new to the whole patching thing, but I hope this helps...somehow.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Not sure if it helps you any, but they seem to tone things out on several TGID's, I've heard them tone on SID (7-N), as well as Street Crimes (7-0), sometimes on a utility TGID...seems like if your not listening to the one they are using, you miss the first half of the call...I'm still new to the whole patching thing, but I hope this helps...somehow.

That's where I get my tone outs at, 7-N 31120 and 7-0 31280. Instead of trying for the + ID's just enter one of these 2 ID's.

UTLNOK

Premium Subscriber

P.S. I should have also mentioned that I have heard them use Service Side (7-J), even remember TPD using Tactical (7-F) back last year, when the city was being plagued with thieves smashing into businesses and steeling high end TV's, and probably anything else they could get their hands on...even heard them tone out an East side call last night on the South Side Dispatch (7-G)...the "Call" was "Toned" on (7-G), details were given on SID (7-N)....if your not confused yet, let me know..LOL

car2back

on rare occassions a robbery or shooting will get dispatched without the dispatcher multiselecting all mainsides. alot more often master console will jump the gun before all sides are keyed and will get cut off on one or more talkgroups.

UTLNOK

Premium Subscriber
on rare occassions a robbery or shooting will get dispatched without the dispatcher multiselecting all mainsides. alot more often master console will jump the gun before all sides are keyed and will get cut off on one or more talkgroups.

Makes since...can anyone explain, why do they tone it out on one TG, then "break", and give details on another?

car2back

Makes since...can anyone explain, why do they tone it out on one TG, then "break", and give details on another?

must be your scanner, when they're toning out something it's going out on A, D,G, TRD-A and sometimes a tactical or two at the same time.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Don't think it's his scanner, I get the same thing. What I think is happening is that the tone out is on the mentioned TG's to alert everyone that may be in the area to the situation, then it breaks and is finished on the actual area's TG i.e. Gilcrease, Mingo Valley or Riverside.

car2back

I speak from professional experience, that is not the case ;) I wonder if the scanner is stopping on one tg during the alert, then during the break going back to scan, and stopping on another tg the call is being dispatched on as well as the first?

EDIT: and FWIW, even though alot of dispatchers call it a patch, it's actually just master console keying up on several tgs at once (multiselect), so unless you're monitoring the side of town the call is being assigned too you won't hear the officers answering

Last edited:

UTLNOK

Premium Subscriber
I speak from professional experience, that is not the case ;) I wonder if the scanner is stopping on one tg during the alert, then during the break going back to scan, and stopping on another tg the call is being dispatched on as well as the first?

EDIT: and FWIW, even though alot of dispatchers call it a patch, it's actually just master console keying up on several tgs at once (multiselect), so unless you're monitoring the side of town the call is being assigned too you won't hear the officers answering

I have a Pro-97, when I am holding on a TG (i.e. UDSW Disp. 7-G), If I remember right...I hear dispatch say all units stand by for _________ break, then 'tone"....at this point I have to press my scan button, and usually get everything else on another TG (i.e. TPD SID 7-N, TPD Street Crimes 7-0, Service Side 7-J, TPD UDE Tactical 7-F, TPD Utility 8-D), otherwise...I miss the "details", can't ever remember hearing them use RMA's...

UTLNOK

Premium Subscriber
Sorry can't figure out how to edit my post(s)...anyways, <it APPEARS my EARLIER post was INCORRECT>, I was just listening to my scanner, actually trying to pay attention... ;-), they "toned" an armed robbery \ car jacking out North, on TPD Service Side 7-J, then "brake", I pushed my scan button (for kicks and giggles), got the details on TPD UDN Disp. 7-A, while they were giving the details I continued to push my scan button, it kept going back to TPD UDN Disp. 7-A, the only other two TG's that came up were (OHP-DSP-B-1, & SSPD Dispatch ?-A).

car2back

If anyone was listening to that armed robbery just toned out at the Texaco, 101st and Sheridan, we had a radio malfunction followed by F341 somehow keying up to back on all channels in the mutiselect! We're all scratching our heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.