Transaction W/Jake226

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanner

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 21, 2002
Messages
397
Reaction score
125
Location
Martinsburg, WVA
So far, bad transaction with @Jake226.

Has not sent the SDS 100 nor answered emails.

Buyer beware.

V/r,
Carl
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Stan60

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 22, 2026
Messages
22
Reaction score
-4
Location
Johnson
So far, bad transaction with @Jake226.

Has not sent the SDS 100 nor answered emails.

Buyer beware.

V/r,
Carl
I bought a Uniden bcd996p2 scanner from the same person and never received it or no tracking information he’s a scammer
 

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Joined
Jun 26, 2001
Messages
14,339
Reaction score
8,382
Location
Oot and Aboot
I bought a Uniden bcd996p2 scanner from the same person and never received it or no tracking information he’s a scammer
Please leave him negative feedback so others might be made aware.

Thanks,
 

Stan60

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 22, 2026
Messages
22
Reaction score
-4
Location
Johnson
Saw this listing too. Seemed a little too good to be true, but I wasn't buying so left it be. I've reported him too.
I don’t know what good it is to report him as long as they get their money they don’t care
 

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Joined
Jun 26, 2001
Messages
14,339
Reaction score
8,382
Location
Oot and Aboot
They don't seem to police the clasifieds much.
How do you suggest we police it? Perhaps you missed the forum description for the Classifieds:

All sales are between the buyer and seller, RR has no involvement. If you have a problem with a transaction, make every attempt to contact the other party. If unsuccessful, pursue relief with whoever handled the money: credit card company, bank, PayPal, Venmo, etc. All law enforcement requests for information should be sent to legal@radioreference.com

IOTW, use a payment method that gives you some protection and contact law enforcement. RadioReference will provide contact information to law enforcement if requested.
 

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
6,628
Reaction score
9,534
Location
Cobb County, GA Stadium Crime Zone
The ad for the SDS said Venmo was accepted for payment. Assuming it was a Goods and Services payment and not personal, Venmo is a part of PayPal and a money back guarantee may apply, simply dispute the transaction for item not received.
 

blueline_308

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
262
Reaction score
78
Location
Eastern, NC
How do you suggest we police it? Perhaps you missed the forum description for the Classifieds:

All sales are between the buyer and seller, RR has no involvement. If you have a problem with a transaction, make every attempt to contact the other party. If unsuccessful, pursue relief with whoever handled the money: credit card company, bank, PayPal, Venmo, etc. All law enforcement requests for information should be sent to legal@radioreference.com

IOTW, use a payment method that gives you some protection and contact law enforcement. RadioReference will provide contact information to law enforcement if requested.
When people or ads are reported, perhaps someone should do a cursory investigation and remove the ads and or ban the advertiser if deemed warranted, regardless they pay for subscriptions or provide feeds. I know there is always a risk, but a ltlle help would be, well, helpful.

If we shouldn't report bad behavior, why is there a means to reoport?
 

KevinC

32D2T/957.282
Super Moderator
Joined
Jan 7, 2001
Messages
14,875
Reaction score
24,727
Location
I'm everywhere Focker!
When people or ads are reported, perhaps someone should do a cursory investigation and remove the ads and or ban the advertiser if deemed warranted, regardless they pay for subscriptions or provide feeds. I know there is always a risk, but a ltlle help would be, well, helpful.

If we shouldn't report bad behavior, why is there a means to reoport?
How do you know the member isn't banned from the classifieds now? And we aren't CSI/NCIS/whatever, so I don't know what type of "investigation" is expected.
 

blueline_308

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
262
Reaction score
78
Location
Eastern, NC
How do you know the member isn't banned from the classifieds now? And we aren't CSI/NCIS/whatever, so I don't know what type of "investigation" is expected.
I don't, but the Administrator asked what they could do, so I answered him/her. I hope they are banned if they are scamming people, but the ad is still visible, although the listing is closed.

I would reckon that 99.9% of all clasified transactions are smooth and honest, so we should not let the occasional bad apple to spoil the barrel.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top